09 to 12 track bike

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Cream_Revenge, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Cream_Revenge

Cream_Revenge Active Member

Evening. What's the 09 to 12 like as a track bike?
    Currently have a k8 GSXR 750 as a track bike which handles great but I'd like a bit more like on the main straight.

2. Frazzle

Frazzle Active Member

Hey G, had to check which forum I was on then! ... I bought an 11 plate at the start of lockdown when sadly had to part with the R1 to fund housey stuff... I had it on track last week at Silverstone and got within 2 seconds of my R1 time (no suspension setup, standard exhaust etc) and it's my first full trackday on it.... great bikes, plenty of punch and really nice handling, you'll get spanked on straights by all the newer kit but I reckon you'd be quicker on a blade than the Gixxer for sure.. there are a few chaps here who seem to do quite a few days on them so they can probably give a more detailed review and track based tips for the blade but it gets the thumbs up from me :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Cream_Revenge

Cream_Revenge Active Member

Cheers mate, I'll get less spanked than on my GSXR 750 though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trackit

Trackit Active Member

I bought a 2015 insurance write off and have converted it to a track bike, I've done 2 days at Cadwell on it and it is a great bike when it comes to handling. The CBR lacks power compared to its rivals so expect to see BMWs and Ducatis pass you on the straights. I bought the CBR as it was about £3000 cheaper than a same year ZX10R or S1000RR, it handles really well and isn't as scary as my 1199 on track, very predicatable and a smooth power curve. I've also tracked an SRAD 750, 2001 R1, 2006 R1 and 1199, the CBR is the most fun and handles really well even with standard suspension once setup. I've geared it 1 down on front and 2 up on rear so it screams in 6th gear down the straight.