2008 ZX6R to 2011 Repsol Blade

Discussion in 'New Members' started by JimGreen, Aug 22, 2012.

1. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Afternoon All

Just wanted to introduce myself as I've just purchased a 2011 Repsol Blade and thought it would be a good idea to join a UK Forum.

Been riding a 2008 ZX6R for two years, but always fancied a blade. Thought I'd make the move now or I'd be too old later (I'm mature.......LOL).

Purchased it from the new Honda Dealership at Chichester and will be picking it up/having it delivered beginging of next week. Never ridden 1ltr bike before so I'm just hoping I haven't taken on too much (advice greatly accepted)............, so will be taking it easy for a while.

Really chuffed with the bike as it's as new, with only 1,200 miles on it and garaged all it's life.

Looking forward to the usual friendly banter and a few meets hopefully.

Regards Jim

2. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Welcome to the forum, photos of your new steed are a must. The Blade is a really fun, easy and 'unflappable' bike to ride.

3. Repsol Rob

Repsol Rob Elite Member

Welcome Jim......great choice of bike you wont regret it believe me........i had exactly the same thoughts when i bought mine last yr......abs or non abs that is the question ???

4. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Non ABS.................. But I've never had ABS before, so won't be missing anything I'm used too, and less to go wrong. Compared the specs against my 08 ZX6R and apart from the obvious engine size, very similar dry weight (Surprised at that one), same seat height, same length, same width, same height.

Spent weeks mulling over the competition from the exotic (KTM RC8), GSXZ and ZX10, but wanted something easy to ride (Relatively Speaking), reliable and well built, so when this Repsol came up with basically no miles on it from new I stopped p-ssing about and stuck a deposit on it yesterday.

Not a great pic as I took it with my phone after the dirty deal was done..........

[​IMG]

2011 plate, 1,200 miles from new........ Just counting down the days till Tuesday, as they're doing a service for me, and as they've just opened literally a week ago and are trying to get everything ready for their grand opening on Saturday, they're abit pushed getting things done at the moment. Few bits and pieces thrown in and they gave me a good price on the ZX6R after some haggling, so kinda nice having something to lookforward too.

#4 JimGreen, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  5. Chem600

Chem600 Active Member

I made the move to a blade after two years on a 600rr and have never looked back. Great bikes and fun to ride.

6. Si.

Si. God Like

Yup, i moved to the Blade from a Daytona 650. The Blade is a pussycat until you open the throttle....

The biggest difference you will notice is torque, it has plenty low down, and the mid is still the strongest litre bike out there. You'll be fine mate, i still ride mine like a 600 on a blast out, never really kick it into 4th, unless on the motorway.

7. Givover

Givover God Like

Nice wheels dude you are right about the ABS seems the same 'as' for me and wish i had not bothered .Lets see if there is any uplift in the part ex when that comes around.

8. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Yep, a couple of years down the line the ABS model might be worth abit extra over the non ABS, but the difference in price when new or nearly new is quite abit.

What you've never had, you never miss (Hopefully).

9. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

Hi and welcome Jim !

Very good decision and good to have another Repsol owner here !
    I never regret buying a Fireblade !

10. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Thanks guy's ...... Always reasuring after you've taken the plunge...... LOL.

Always been aware of Honda's build quality, and wasn't looking for the fastest bike, or the latest design..... Wanted something well built and proven. So went over to Honda from Kawasaki, but I have to admit Kawasaki certainly build a fantastic engine.

#10 JimGreen, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  11. lee1krr

lee1krr Active Member

hello & welcome :)

12. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

Hi and welcome

13. Chem600

Chem600 Active Member

Any pics of your old bike?

14. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Yep..... Plenty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. rocket

rocket Active Member

nice choice of new bike and welcome!! had lots of big kwaks and your right they know how to build a motor alright. now on my second blade and never regretted the switch. enjoy!!

16. Only1Matrixxx

Only1Matrixxx Active Member

Nice Kwak, but that's a LOVELY Blade, mate!! Welcome!!

17. dave d

dave d Elite Member

18. JimGreen

JimGreen Active Member

Yep,,,, I was going to buy a black one, but the salesman said the Repsol's were faster...:D:D:D

19. dave d

dave d Elite Member

oh man,opened a can of worms now LOL.......[​IMG]

20. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

And we all know salesmen lie out of there arses! You've been duped mate [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2