2014 London Winter Warmer

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by Freedom of choice, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Last years WW was good fun and enabled local members to meet in an informal (drink beer) format and then go for a meal, last year we went for a Chinese which was very enjoyable.

Trying to plan ahead this year....Question is who can be arsed to get themselves into Central London in the evening for a good drink and a meal?

I am thinking of late January or early February, for obvious reasons Thursday or Friday is the best option.

Assuming you are interested. Do me a favour and post up when you can or can't do and I will try and arrange related to the most popular date.

I would also ask if you want a curry ( can you be bothered to go up to brick lane for a good one) or a Chinese in China town, you call.

Based on the response I will will create a list and go with the best date and choice of food type.......

Roll up roll up or forever hold your whatever.....your call guys and girls.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Yup I would be up for that , I like both Chinese and Indian food so I'm easy :rolleyes:

I think it needs to be good for parking where ever you pick

3. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

Freedom.....I'll be up for this......Brick Lane curry being my poison of choice + a Friday preferably:)

4. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

Well it looks likely i could make this again. Working again in london and could be for quite a while. Last years choice if restuarant was so good i recommended it to my wife & daughter for a pre theatre meal last night

5. callumw

callumw Active Member

Count me in.
    I'm unemployed atm, so any date should be fine

6. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

I'll tentatively say yes, as Feb is a long way off yet.
    I like curries and Fridays suit me best :)

7. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

DEFO YES
    After fanning around last year and not being able to make it. Im in for sure.
    Curry or Chinese is blinding chinese edges it slightly.
    Personally a Friday is better as can then have a few ciders without work worry.

8. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I'm up for this, I might even be able to convince the better half to come. (If not then maybe I can head down with Remal)

9. thezipsteruk

Any more takers or progress on this wee shindig?
    Don't want to lumber anyone but still smarting at missing last years :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Freedom of choice

Right. Thanks for prompting me Zippy. Believe it or not we are really struggling with a date in late January or early February, its seems all our industry dinners are bunched up plus we have a couple of retirement dinners to attend......god help my liver and what little brain cells that have not already been picked in alcohol.

So, my suggestions are:

February:
    Friday 14th – Ok, This coincides with the London Bike show if anyone from the grim and dark north is planning on traveling down and staying over, but understand that for the romantic ones a candle lit dinner with a loved one might seem more appealing than having a beer and laugh with your forum mates.
    Friday 21st

March:
    Friday 7th
    Friday 14th

Can anyone interested add their names against the date/ dates they can do and I will arrange something special based on the most popular.

11. callumw

callumw Active Member

Anything other than Feb 14th

12. Jkaye

Jkaye Active Member

Me being from the grim and dark north, only thought that that there London place was a fictional place made up for the telly :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  13. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

That's what we want you lot to think!

• Like Like x 3
  14. lambeth longshanks

lambeth longshanks Active Member

I'm in btw. Friday is best for me. I like where we went last year, but I'm ready if people want to go elsewhere.

15. Freedom of choice

London Winter Warmer Friday 21st February 2014

Ok. As no one want’s to select any dates and the food count is siding with Chinese. I will propose the following:

Forum London Winter warmer Friday 21st February

Meeting in a central London pub from drinks at 18:00 (I will advise the meeting point closer to the date) followed by dinner at (seeing a couple of people enjoyed and suggested it again) the same restaurant as last year: The Imperial China on Lisle Street WC2.

Imperial China London - Chinese Cuisine in London Chinatown

Those that have already shown an interest so far. Please would you mind confirming the date is ok for you guys?

This restaurant is always busy so I will need to book a table, so the number of players will be important. If want to come along please add your names to the list and if you are bringing a +1 and I will make the reservation accordingly.

David & Ling (2)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Freedom of choice

Why do I feel like I am flogging a dead horse, I spoke to the restaurant today and they are really busy, so need to confirm numbers ASAP to guarantee the table and pay a deposit.

Balls in your court, if you can’t be bothered then neither can I. This costs us train fares and a huge (if we have been drinking and can’t drive) taxi fare home. We don’t mind the cost, but……….

David & Ling (2)
    Callum (1)
    Lambeth longshanks (1)

• Like Like x 1
  17. thezipsteruk

I do apologise, I didn't answer straight away as I was trying to convince the wife to go and she wasn't committing...
    anyway she has committed to a big fat no thanks, but Im hoping I can avoid large puddles and any more cash drains!

So add me to the list, although its probably gonna be at least 7pm by the time I can get to London after work (bike/bus/tube - omg)

David & Ling (2)
    Callum (1)
    Lambeth longshanks (1)
    TheZipster

18. Givover

Givover God Like

Ha you lot can't even get together for a meal and can't even choose what your having .Freedom get on a train and before you arrive The Northern boys would have Restaurant booked and will be waiting for you .Brick Lane more like Bangladesh !

• Like Like x 3
  19. alexg56

alexg56 Active Member

sorry haven't been checking this thread recently. looks like I,m in again! not my weekend home so will be there.

20. Freedom of choice

Forum London Winter warmer Friday 21st February - update

Meeting in a central London pub from drinks at 18:00 (I will advise the meeting point closer to the date) followed by dinner at (seeing a couple of people enjoyed and suggested it again) the same restaurant as last year: The Imperial China on Lisle Street WC2.

Imperial China London - Chinese Cuisine in London Chinatown

David & Ling (2)
    Callum - (1)
    Lambeth longshanks - (1)
    TheZipster - (1)
    Alex56 - (1)
    Jimbo - (1) confirmed via phone
    Dave V - TBC, Jimbo's checking

Anymore, or is that it ?