2017 sp exhaust .

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by keithg1748, Mar 16, 2018.

1. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

hi just wondered what you thought about the Austin racing slip on cans , and if anybody has fitted one on the new sp , what does the bike run like ? any mods needed to fit or when fitted ? thanks for any info and pics .

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Hi Kieth. Saw this on the USA Blade forum. Looks very similar to Racefit, but not sure if there's just an 'end can' option:

gho8823t_spark_exhaust_moto_gp_cbr1000rr.jpg gho8823t_spark_exhaust_moto_gp_cbr1000rr_mounted.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. icedmind

icedmind Active Member

Have a yoshi on mine, which is basically a straight through pipe even with baffle, runs fine, need to take off the cables on the exhaust valve which takes about 20mins.

General rule is you don't need to remap with slip-on.

4. Rented

Rented Active Member

As I understand it, the 2017 differs from the previous models in that the slip-on will not eliminate the actual factory exhaust plumbing, which is the box ahead of the exhaust can. On the previous model, the pipe was integrated into that and the whole assembly came off.

In other words, it won't affect running at all. Might not even be lighter.

5. Hashlak

Hashlak New Member

This is precisely why I have got the full Akra Ti system (incl. headers) for my 2017.

Will be getting everything fitted next week, along with MWR race filters + Woolich quick-shift and a live tune on the dyno.

Will post some before and after dyno results for reference and some videos for you guys :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Wow, Hashy, that's some major investment you got goin' on there. As a soon-to-be SP owner, I look forward to your pics and videos.

7. icedmind

icedmind Active Member

I guess its going to be ECU flash?

8. Hashlak

Hashlak New Member

Cheers buddy, cant wait to get everything on :)

Yes, It will be flashed using the Woolich software/tuning kit.

9. dgr

dgr Active Member

Where are you getting the ecu flash done, if you don't mind me asking?

10. Hashlak

Hashlak New Member

All the work + Ecu flash will be done at Motorcycle Nerds here in the UAE.

Would have had it done this weekend but they are racing in Thailand.

11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

what do you think about the Yoshi slip on ? and would you need to fit a servo eliminator when the cables are removed to stop any error faults on dash on any exhausts ,

13. Hashlak

Hashlak New Member

Yoshi slip on sounds nice to be honest. Not my style personally but it looks cool and has a deep sound.

You will indeed have to fit a servo eliminator to stop the faults. I believe there is a DIY way to fool the exhaust servo with some elastic bands lol. But better just to get the servo eliminator.

• Like Like x 1
  14. vic_ster51

vic_ster51 Active Member

Defo dont need servo eliminator. Long as its plugged in you will get no faults and set at correct position. It still moves the round plastic circle which push and pull on the cables as if they were attached. Same as 08-16 models. If you remove the actual unit you will get a fault code. Nice to get the eliminator as its tiny. But then that can be added anytime

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hashlak

Hashlak New Member

Hey guys,

Quick update on the build.

We had done a benchmark dyno on the bike in its stock state last night. Figures were pretty good, around 161hp on the wheel.

Everything has been fitted this afternoon. Will get the her up on the dyno for a live tune and get some numbers this evening.

Here are some photos;

WhatsApp Image 2018-04-02 at 10.24.47 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-04-02 at 10.24.48 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-04-03 at 1.28.20 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-04-03 at 1.28.21 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-04-03 at 1.28.21 PM.jpeg

Ill get some videos up tonight along with the before and after dyno results :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Looking good, Hashy. Looks like the Akrapovic used as the option on SP/SP2. Bet you got it cheaper than Honda charges!!

Seems a shame you've done all that work, yet you only have an ordinary 'Honda' sock on your master cylinder. A couple of quid on an 'HRC' one will nett you 5 bhp!!

17. Hashlak

Hashlak New Member

Haha thanks, I guess I have to invest in HRC sock for the extra power lol.

I just went by the garage today after work. The bike sounds amazing at idle, way more lively. Feels significantly lighter !

Unfortunately the Woolich software is not reading my ECU because the bin files available are not coded for the specific model of my ECU :( Most likely because it is a GCC spec bike from the middle east. Anyway no big deal, my tuner has sent an email to them to configure it to read my ECU as the support for the 2017/18 fireblade is available. I shall have to wait till tomorrow morning to make some progress..

Bit of a shame tho, I was really looking forward to riding tonight.

18. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Gee, I hope you don't need halal oil for it!!:D:D

You'd reckon all ECUs would be the same. We know there's some differences between UK and USA models; a significant one I recently learnt is that the 2017-18 SPs for UK have gold/magnesium engine covers while the USA gets only black.

As I said in a similar thread; bleedin' electronics make our bikes so temperamental. Hope you get that ride in soon.;)

19. icedmind

icedmind Active Member

Also US model have different velocity stack and some have reported a piece of blocker on the intake ram air tube which blocks about 30% of air;
    I have Yoshimura Alpha T exhaust (because they are the only one that fills that massive hole where the pipe comes out), had it on mine for about a year now, with cables removed and motor leave it place there’s no fault anywhere

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

That Akra exhaust is huge and ugly IMO.
    Like the look of even the Scorpion one that looks like the Racefit.
    Great exhausts as well, great sound and performance out of them too.
    Wife had one on her 600RR which sounded just as good as the Akra she had on her previous one.