2017 sp1 suspension settings changing .

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by keithg1748, Apr 21, 2018.

1. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

sorry to be a pain in the arse on a Saturday night , looking to change the settings in mode1 , suspension etc , but the little book is a waste of time as I have been trying and I am still unable to change any of them , is it me being thick lol , can anybody give me any help , cheers.

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Quite hard to explain on computer. Really needs to be a 'hands on' type of advice.

However, With respect, I'll make this like a 'Dummies Guide' for simplicity'

1. The 'select' toggle will cycle through the standard screen display of 'User Modes' fuel use, MPG and trip meter settings.

2. To get OUT of that cycle you MUST hold down the 'Select' and 'Mode' TOGETHER. That will bring up a grey/blue menu.

3. With 'Select' scroll through that menu until you see suspension.

4. Press 'Mode' and that will move the 'cursor' to suspension.

5. From there, select your setting.

6. To get out of that, look for the upward facing reverse arrow and press mode. You will be returned to the main menu.

7. Then use 'Select' to find 'Exit' and press 'Mode' to return to normal display.

There is some perhaps advanced info in this link, but nevertheless interesting:

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...a-fireblade-sp-ron-haslams-track-set-up-guide

Hope this helps.

3. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

thanks for that , I'm just looking to change in the suspension as A1 is set in all modes 1 , 2 , 3 and is no good for the road , but ive been trying and cant do it for some reason , lol

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Set up a User Mode! (If you can work it out.) Page 104 of the manual.

• Like Like x 1
  5. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

no I cant , lol , Ive give up for tonight might have another bash in morning ,

6. RC45

RC45 Active Member

Ok - I think there may be some confusion as to what you can and can't edit - and the use of the presets.

[​IMG]
    In the 3 preset Modes 1,2 & 3, only the A1, A2 and A3 behaviour can be altered - not the actual values A1, A2 & A3.

With regard to what shows up, In Mode 1 Suspension should be A1, in Mode 2 Suspension should be A2 and in Mode 3 Suspsension shoudl be A3.

If not, then your dash board is malfunctioning.

You cycle through the 5 Modes (1,2,3 User 1 & User 2) using the [^SELv] rocker button.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can change the values of P, T, EB & S in User Mode 1 & 2 by pushing and holding the [MODE] Button until the value is highlighted, then cycle through the available options using the [^SELv] rocker button.

Press and hold the [Mode] to exit this User Mode edit feature.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To edit the behaviour of the A1, A2, A3, M1 and M2 Suspension presets, you need to enter the full setup menu by pressing and holding the [MODE] button and the [^SELv] rocker at the same time.

Then navigate to the appropriate section of the Function Menu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#6 RC45, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I guess you've gone no further with this given your oil leak dilemma.:( Once you get the hang of the 'dashboard' all will be smooth sailing.

8. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

no ive give up at the mo mate , lol

9. gary1966

gary1966 Active Member

Its not easy to set up, A1 is that road or track setting?

10. RC45

RC45 Active Member

Riding Mode 1 is track mode.
    Riding Mode 2 is back road mode
    Riding Mode 3 is freeway and in town mode

Suspension Mode A1 is the semi-active Suspension mode of Riding Mode 1 which is suitable for track speeds and aggression.
    Suspension Mode A2 is the semi-active Suspension mode of Riding Mode 2 which is suitable for smooth back road speeds.
    Suspension Mode A3 is the semi-active Suspension mode of Riding Mode 3 which is suitable for mild motorway and in town speeds.

You can further refine how semi-active modes A1, A2 and A3 control the suspensions response in Braking, Acceleration, Cornering and General situations.

• Like Like x 1