2020 Blade Prices

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Stuish, Dec 19, 2019.

?

Will you purchase the 2020 Blade at current prices?

1. Yes - SP - £23,499

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. Yes - Base - £19,999

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Yes - SP - <£21,999

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes - Base - <£16,999

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Nope - Still too much

36 vote(s)
    61.0%
  6. Nope - Too crampt

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  7. Nope - Other

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  1. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

I think Nigel will be the first to admit he's a unique case. Honda devotee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Also the BMW is still not availiable for months if you place a order.....I have ridden one for over 2 hrs in 25c last summer on a test ride great to ride but very functional.....you mention pipe and fuelling issues why would you change the aka that comes on the new sp .....BMW has had many recalls they say if you get by 2k miles bike should be ok ...my mates blew up at 1200miles thankfully 3 yr warrenty 4K worth of work also carbon wheels on m model are cracking....recall on those.....also new BMW X-R does not have the new RR engine there has to be a reason for this...

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Where the BMW does win it is very comfortable....probably will be a better superbike for the Road than the new Honda ....at least the m sport gets a different paint job ....its down to your choice ...Brom66 had many problems with his v4s but I am still swaying towards one....nowadays it's pot luck with most brands although it is very rare you here of a Honda going bang....

4. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Think most people love to hate BMW in some ways, some more than others. But I'd fancy BMW fixing an issue with a bike before Honda would. 3 year warranty on everything and they don't bury their head in the sand like Honda either.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

Proof with the wheels cracking. "Oh shit,recall them all"...ABS issue where your brakes don't work? "It just needs bleeding, not our problem"

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. red5

red5 Well-Known Member

Stevie no idea what the new blade will be like, I’ve never ridden the latest R1 so can’t comment, the previous Beemers are as dull as dishwater but the backup from BMW is excellent unlike Honda.
    If you can stretch to the Ducati V4 I can highly recommend, it is epic test ride at your peril!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

The new v4s in my book looks wow....new black frame looms great...high screen and gills on fairing best looking bike now on the market.....wings are marmite I like them....can't wait for test ride...didn't get the last one as it was mental , this one looks like feedback taken onboard now will be a better road bike ....also Moto rapido have a v4s in last years model in there race colours with a few goodies on it for 22k....it's a looker...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Brom66

Brom66 Well-Known Member

1299s far more of an animal than the V4 especially when full system an reflashed pure evil :eek::eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Yes fully agree had a go on that when it first came out.....like a motocrosser on wacky backy......££££££ were spent developing that into a BSB getting the thing to not tie itself in knots....had 3 or 4 different types of exhaust systems trying to get the balance of the bike right....lovely looking more nimble in profile to the current one

10. flurbs

flurbs Active Member

New 2020 V4S - £24,795
    Fireblade SP - £23, 499
    Mmmm...what has Honda done with its pricing?

• Agree Agree x 2