675 daytona race bike ex Maria Costello MBE

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by gixerlc, Jan 18, 2012.

1. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

hey everyone Benn just asked why I hadn't put some pics of my race bike up haha

so without futher ado here's my 675 daytona I bought of Maria's sponser bout 2 years ago with the intention of racing the TT after getting my national licence hopefully this years the year I get to break my duck and go racing and chip away till I can race the roads if I can find some more steady work that is haha

these are some pictures from bout 2 years ago first time on anything over 33bhp haha didn't crash so result LOL

hope you enjoy,

Tom

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

warm up lap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Looking good mate, hope you get to live the dream..

3. KRL

KRL Active Member

Sweeet :cool:

4. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

thanks Arthur :) those phillip youles stickers are coming of this month for definate haha

will do eventually its in my blood and pretty much the only thing I think about all day is bikes and racing haha my uncle used to race a gus kuhn commando Ill get some pictures of it when I get some scans done of them :D

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Tidy .. I wouldn't mind a daytona in the garage . I might book a test ride to sample the triple . Never road 1 before

6. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

they are intoxicating mate sound puts the hairs up on back of your neck had the owner of lydenn circuit come find us to comment on the sound LOL when he was preparing his uber expensive race car for next day lol and the triple motor by god like the hand of god is shoving you along and handles like a 250 gp bike but if Triumph could just make them a tad more reliable LOL deffo a bike to experience once though think thats the reason Ive had the trouble getting used to the smooth engine on the blade after riding 675's they are just mental in the way the powers delivered instant everywhere but they really really need a slipper clutch

real shame they don't have the reliability still cant get over that brand spank road one i had that blew to peices at 500 miles says it all really haha but as a second bike they are lush

think If I was going for another 600 Id deffo be looking at those l1 600 gixers crazy fast those things and easy to go fast on

having said that would I swap it not likely being able to rail it round the outside at gerrards is brilliant :D an pulling away from r1s and dukes is fun hahaha having said that the riders were worse than me LOL and thats saying something haha not to quick yet on track but am very smooth so doing something right I guess only done 3 tds though and that was 2 years ago after only being on 33bhp bikes hoping Ill be alot faster now this year :)

#6 gixerlc, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  7. Givover

Givover God Like

This was mine a couple of years ago got it from Woods Abergele after a test ride great looking bike great handling but you do notice the power drop .[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/dzfyo.jpg
    [IMG][IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/z614.jpg[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

#7 Givover, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

That is very pretty Mike.

9. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Cracking bike Tom I dunno why you hid it for so long lol I live the paint scheme!

Love the White with blue frame mike but I would say that.

The one thing I can't get over with the 675's are the swing arms look like they came off a 125.

My mates street triple R is an amazing machine to ride wheelieinell!!!!

10. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

The hole bike looks very small

Fisrt time i saw the triumph cup on BSB i thought they where 250's

11. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

lovely bikes

12. gixerlc

gixerlc Active Member

they deffo feel like a 250 when your 6,3 and perched on top of it hahaha

totally forgot I hadn't put it up Benn