Akrapovic Exhaust

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Minty70uk, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Minty70uk

Minty70uk New Member

My 2019 BSB rep SP1 came with an Akrapovic exhaust however my 1962 Lambretta sounds better, this was highlighted yesterday when out with a friend who has an S1000RR with Austin Racing silencer fitted. There isn’t a visible removable baffle but was wondering if anyone had done a modification to beef theirs up?

2. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Full system or still got the cat?

3. Minty70uk

Minty70uk New Member

Unsure but suspect it’s got the cat

4. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I've only heard a 17 plus with a full system akra, sounds very good! Would have thought the slip on would be a nice sound too as a few have said it sounds nice stock.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

Will have the cat on, its a big can so wont be that loud with the cat aswell

I fitted a Yoshi on mine and had to put the baffle back in as too loud

Akra’s normally are a deeper but quieter can, but if his BM is decatted you will never match him. I took my Akra off the Superduke as it was too quiet and fitted a nice Austin Racing can for half the price

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Thing thing is long but sounds like thunder :eek:

20190123_210833_crop_842x707.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

Think the cat is in the back on 13-17 from memory, so it goes with a new can, but its in the frt pipe on a 17- so will be different and not sound as good... i think..

• Like Like x 1
  8. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

It's full system so no cat on this one. Its longer that the shorter yoshi I had previously.

Must be someone on here with the akra slip on can tell you if there is a baffle that can be removed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Minty70uk

Minty70uk New Member

It sounds nice mid range when riding it but sounds quiet when revving at standstill

10. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Does it retain the flapper valve thing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Interesting point. I don't imagine it would. On the standard can it's fitted about 2 inches from the bottom clamp. If Akras don't run this, the mechanism's cable and electrics would have to be disabled.

Perhaps @Lozzy can explain with her knowledge of Di's changeover. I think this has been raised before, but might have been relevant only to the CAT.

12. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Yes her hubby explained what he'd done and I pasted his reply into a thread somewhere if you can remember where it was lol

13. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I can't remember:(. It might have been in @keithg1748 thread about his problems. Probably academic as it won't solve the OP's question.

14. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

Cat is further down the pipe. I just took the cables off the motor wheel like you do on all the other blades

15. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

well I fitted a Austin racing de cat on mine 2017 sp ,but I was confused thinking the cat was the thick pipe near the exhaust clamp where you disconnect the end can , as I thought the exhaust would have the o2 sensor fitted into it but it didn't , I spoke to Austin and they said that the cat was in the end can and the thicker piece on the downpipe is non restricted , but I never got round asking Honda if this was the case . but the Austin does sound good , and you have 2 baffles which you can leave in our take out ,

16. benya

benya New Member

The cat is in the collector. Not in the muffler. Look through the stock end can. Its straight through. There is no "decat" slip on for the 2017+
    I can't believe they are selling a slip on as a decat when the cat is in the headers!

The "piece in the down pipe" is the cat. It is restrictive.
    Pic for reference:
    https://www.1000rr.net/forums/4263495-post20.html

#16 benya, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  17. keithg1748

keithg1748 Active Member

that's what I thought and did try to tell them but that's what they said to me , but f you look on there web site they are sold as a decat pipe . and I ask them about the headers to get rid of the cat and they said it wouldn't make much difference to get rid of that box in the headers , so I took there word for that .