Akropovic slip ons

Discussion in 'SportsBikeShop.co.uk' started by Mad Matt, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

Im looking at this page and have a couple of questions, i hope you can help....

Akrapovic Street Legal - Honda CBR1000 RR Fireblade ABS - FREE UK DELIVERY

Firstly do these fit a 2013 abs model??

Secondly it states that because they have no cat they are not street legal, i was under the impression that motorbikes didn't need a cat fitted or has the law changed recently???

Thank you for your time.....

2. Daznorthwest

Daznorthwest Elite Member

Alright matt.. The can will fit your repsol :). The cats in the link pipe not the end can. The can your looking at is just a straight through s pipe with no cat in.. The non street legal link pipes won't run with your exhaust servo so the bike will be lumpy and have flat spots unless you install a Powercommander.. If your looking for an akro that's street legal make sure you get the one for the abs blade as the servo cables are different lengths..

Abs link pipe fits abs and non abs
    Non abs link pipe only fits abs

3. Mad Matt

Cheers Daz, think ive found heat shields at Austin Racing, will keep in touch mate......

4. Daznorthwest

Good man

5. Daznorthwest

image.jpg

6. Mad Matt

Just got this today Daz from Austin Racing, its made of metal (weights abit) and is a little different to yours, im hoping it will fit..

IMG_0374.jpg

Also whilst ive got the pictures out i noticed today when i was looking at how the exhaust would come off that there may be a bolt missing but im not sure about this. I will post some pictures let me know what you think, if theres a bolt missing, its on one of the brackets that hold the exhaust pipes, cheers buddy....

Ok its not letting me post another picture in this post so i will do it in another...

Attached Files:

7. Mad Matt

^^^^ Don't know what the fvck happened there, the site went down and all those pictures appeared and when i try to delete the its says they don't exist. Anyway sorry about the poor quality but heres another to give you a better idea of where it is....

IMG_0376.JPG

8. Daznorthwest

lol.. not sure what happened mate. i think it will fit. looks different to my leo vinci one but wouldnt worry none the less..