Anyone tried d30 protectors?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Slick, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Just bought new Dainese Goretex Jacket, normally would use the D2 insert but looking at less bulky options.

Anyone got experience of D30 inserts or Non-newtonian type materials, is it hype?

2. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

they use d30 alot in push bike pads, it seems all the rage, padding only works if it stays in place as i found out jumping my ebike and falling off, i had light sleeve pads on, they took the initial wack but slid up and i still ended up with a 50mm x 50mm scab and a gash on my elbow, iv just got some poc vpd 2.0 now which strap on, there d30, they mold around elbow and knees, feel nice,
    mounting bike pads are prob better than most jacket style pads thinking about it, if pads rotate they or useless after the first foot of a impact,

• Like Like x 1
  3. raphael

raphael Elite Member

I’ve tumbled down the road with them in my textiles mate and on impact did there job spot on ,the problem I had was by the time I’d finished everything was twisted and not where it was supposed to be

• Like Like x 1
  4. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Thanks for the replies. The Dainese specific D2 is like having a plank stuffed up your back. Will buy one and cut to size

5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I've got the Knox microlock which i understand is similar....in one of their mesh jackets. It feels great compared to the harder protectors I've got. You cant really tell its in. Not crashed in it so can't say how it stands up but it's supposed to be v good.

Screenshot_2020-08-20-10-02-51.png Screenshot_2020-08-20-10-02-36.png

#5 Lozzy, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Slick

Slick Elite Member

Just purchase a Knox Level 2 Microlock just like Lozzy's.
    It only slightly bigger than the standard Dainese D2 protector so shouldn't move around in the jacket.

Cos I was bored tested out my Goretex gear the other day (during the biblical thunder storms)
    I have to add I wasn't on the bike just standing out on a Green outside my house - neighbours thought I was crazy!

20min of literal buckets of rain, not a drip, real test when I need to commute again,- scheduled some time in 2021!