Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory vs BMW S 1000 RR vs Ducati Panigale V4S

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by BlackDevil, Oct 5, 2019.

1. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

2. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Friggin' winglets!:rolleyes:

Not for the average person.

Perhaps the best analogy would be that they're like wings on sanitary napkins: only useful in fast-flowing situations:D;).

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Mycuzinviny

Mycuzinviny New Member

I also have a new 2018 Aprilia RSV4 RF. I don't want to void the warranty but I would love to change the exhaust. how do you like the Austin Racing can? does the race ECU and Austin can void the factory warranty? I thought it did but not sure. Great bike that is a nice compliment to my 2017 Fireblade SP but I need to shed some weight on the Aprilia. Shorai battery, remove passenger pegs, Bonamici rear sets. and remove the exhaust, cat, and flapper value in favor of a new exhaust, and of course don't fill the massive tank to full on track days (fuel weights 6lbs per gallon) should all contribute to a good weight loss. I'm figuring about 30 lbs or so all in. Still heavy compared to my 2017 Fireblade SP with BST carbon wheels and my Ducati 899 with carbon wheels but teh Aprilia engine makes up for the diff!!! Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  5. BlackDevil

BlackDevil Elite Member

I like the Austin Racing Exhaust very much and this is my third bike with the AR-System. The sound is amazing. It's light and fits perfect and the noise is easy adjustable (if you want). In combination with the original Aprilia Race ECU, it did not void the warranty (in the UK). My dealer installed everything and does the updates as well. You can get weight off the bike with your modification you mentioned. As you could see, I took off most of the heavy chunky parts and replaced them with super light parts. Quite an investment, but I don’t regret it. Especially on track days you can feel the difference.

• Like Like x 2