Autotune termination plug question

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Blade runner 1, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Just received an autotune kit and discovered they apparently now don't ship with a can termination plug, instead there is a note stating;
    The 76423025 can termination plug is no longer required on any of our current product lines.
    It then gives a list of serial numbers when the change took place. Sods law, my PCV serial no is before the change took place so looks like I require the plug. I can order a plug from Dynojet at the cost of £6, but I wanted to have it running by the weekend. My question is does anyone know if I can simply use a resistor on the two outer pins of the can bus? I have read can bus termination is 120 ohms but don't want to start sticking things into a brand new Autotune module and damage it.

2. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

I emailed Dynojet to see if they could shed some light on the subject, they replied within 10 minuets. PCV's produced from 2014 with serial numbers starting 141203 and above don't require a termination plug as they changed the board. I gave them a call and just ordered a plug which turned out to be £10. Seems to be a very expensive resistor, will be interesting to see what the value is.