Beeline Nav

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Trav_1981, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Trav_1981

Trav_1981 Member

Has anyone come across or using anything similar to this Beeline navigation device? It looks like a handy little gadget but has mixed reviews, mostly good but a few bad from the early days when they were fine tuning it I suppose. I particularly like idea of the compass mode, it tells you where you need to go but not how to get there. I know you could do this with a standard compass but I’m not that clever. This thing costs not much more than a full quad lock set up and although completely different things I would prefer this than the phone on the bike with all the other distractions maybe. What do you people think?

2. hitch

hitch Elite Member

It looks good, seen videos before.

Re. the phone and distractions....I use my old iPhone 7 on a hotspot from my iPhone X which lives in my pocket. On iPhone 7 I only have two apps installed - Calimoto and google maps, therefore avoiding all other notifications and distractions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iain

Iain Active Member

I got one when they first came out, in fact was on their waiting list for longer than I liked.

It works in two ways, just enter then end point and follow the arrow at junctions.

Or you can create a route with way points, and it can take you on the roads you want, it counts down the distance to the next turn. . Alas though you are limited to the number of waypoints, about 20 I think.

I/a mate made a little bracket so i could use one of the mirror bolts to tuck it neatly inside the fairing.

As a sat nav it is limited, but on a blade a great little device to get you to somewhere you have not beeb before.
    Beeline.jpg.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Big A

Big A Active Member

Big vote for this also. It is just an arrow that you follow. It takes a few hours to get used to, as in just where is the arrow pointing at more complex junctions but you soon get used to it. It is uncannily accurate once you get the hang of it. Its tiny so you can keep it in your pocket, or as I do under the rear cowl. I have mine attached to just under the the screen so it is directly in my eyeline. It stops you having to take your eyes off the road to see where you are going. Simple, cheap bit of kit that does exactly what it should. Pairs very well with phone and the app is very good for route planning and importing routes. Love mine

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trav_1981

Trav_1981 Member

Do
    Great feedback. We’re off to Spain hopefully next year and I think this will be a handy piece of kit for touring. I like the way that you can drag the pins about on the map to plan your route or just flick to compass mode and follow your nose. Can you connect an intercom to your phone at the same time? I’m pretty sure most phones these days allow a couple of devices to connect?

6. Big A

Big A Active Member

Not sure about the intercom connection. Suppose that is phone dependant.

7. Alan Davidson

Alan Davidson New Member

That's a good bloody idea that.... Why didn't I think of it.... o_O

• Like Like x 1
  8. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Don't beat yourself up about it, I didn't think of it either :oops: ...can't remember where I read it, but I had the same "oh yeah, that's a good idea' moment ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trav_1981

Trav_1981 Member

Downloaded an app today called Best Biking Roads, it’s like a database where people store rides and good roads etc. You can transfer from the map across to the Beeline app and instantly get the route up on the nav without any messing..
    thought I would share as I like.

• Like Like x 1