Best mods and why

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by mk3golfcab, Feb 21, 2018.

1. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

looking to add a few extras on my RR7 over the summer. What’s the best mod you’ve done to your bike and why?

2. thewiz

thewiz Active Member

1. Exhaust , either slip on or full system (depends on how deep your wallet is) . Why? Sound and performance. Win Win.
    2. Tail Tidy, get rid of that huge stock plate holder. Good value for money and looks very nice.
    3. Rearsets / levers - custom set the bike how you want it with perfect footpeg height and lever distance. Looks good and functional upgrade.
    4. Windscreen. For us taller gentlemen, the stock windscreen does nothing. Get a higher and maybe smoked screen. Looks good, and ads comfort.
    5. Change the stock gearing. Going -1 on the front sprocket is a super cheap mod that is going to transform your bike. Honestly, do you need a top speed of 190 mph?

These are pretty common mods most of us do. If you already have these mods, i would recommend suspension. Huge benefits to get Your suspension set up properly and upgraded if you have the cash.

#2 thewiz, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. zxrob

zxrob Active Member

All depends on what you are looking for to improve

Rob

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

Suspension set up or changed for weight, decent tyres(handling), exhaust(noise), screen(wind reduction), tail tidy(looks), quick shifter(cuz they're great), braided brake lines (better stopping) bling sprockets/ chain(sparkly pretty bits) paddock stand bobbins (easy life) rear seat cover(looks), renthal medium grips (comfort) levers (looks) bout it for me I reckon. Brakes/ matter cylinders I suppose if you track it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Muffking

Muffking God Like

From your list, for the road I'd choose tail tidy and double bubble screen.
    But for fun I'd go with the gearing, maybe go up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Suspension set up for your weight is easily the best investment

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I know its not for the bike but i bought a spider warrior stand for the bike, it lifts the full bike making cleaning and maint so much easier. you can remove both wheels and still just push it across the workshop. once you have got one you would not go back

8. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

Got any links Jez? Been looking towards an ABBA stand as well

9. Jez

Jez Senior Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I've got no experience with the 'Warrior' but have got the ABBA with front lift also, and highly recommend.

I do like the 'portability' of the Warrior though. Abba has a similar function on its MotoGlide: https://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?item=moto-glide&pid=32 but it seems you'd be paying a heap more than the Warrior. Big decision for you!

• Like Like x 1
  11. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Echo everyone's sentiments about suspension setup... easily the best mod I've made to my RR7.
    Second best has to be the gear shaft support... really made a such a pleasing difference to the positivity of the shift.
    After that, getting a PC5 and a custom map made such a fabulous improvement to the driveability... no flat spots anywhere, just silky smooth drive.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Best thing spending time learning about suspension set up, there is so much info on the internet to help, but you will also find why people are paid a lot of money to set up. It is challenging but so rewarding, when you ride you are always thinking where you can tweek

13. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

What’s a ball park figure to have it set up?

14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. mk3golfcab

mk3golfcab Elite Member

16. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Hi, I am not sure on price as I did all my own set up but you basically start with the right spring rate front and back,then ride height settings. Then the rest is riding set up. do not assume backing off settings gives you softer ride, It will just make your bike pogo, There is a lot of info out there but suspension people like to keep some to themselves as it takes a lot of learning. suspension is the biggest part of the bike and will transform its handling, spend time on research and adjust whilst riding, or like a lot of people do get it set up by suspension shops, but this is still no silver bullet

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

Best mod i ever did was change the Blade for another bike;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. thewiz

thewiz Active Member

What did you buy mate

19. Tezza H

Tezza H Active Member

Best thing I did was leave other bikes on my blade o_Oo_O

20. Tezza H

Tezza H Active Member

I know someone who will be selling a PC3 when he gets his Bazzaz kit fitted :):):)