Best Tyres?

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Fletch182, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Fletch182

Fletch182 New Member

Hi all
    Sorry if this has been done to death but I'm new to the forum so my apologies. Iv just bought a 2010. Fireblade. It has Metzeler Racetec tyres on. Iv got no complaints at all with the tyres so far, they grip really well in the dry but not been out in damp or wet conditions. They are getting ready for replacing so, what's your recommendation? Same again or is there something better?

2. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metzeller m7rr get good reviews as do Pirelli drc's if you want real sticky, if milage and wet weather ability is what you want look at the Michelin pr3&4's

If you haven't already look at the tyres in 55 profile

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fletch182

Fletch182 New Member

4. tony lomas

tony lomas Member

Hi mate I run the Michelin prs found them a great tyre with long life .really good all rounder

5. Fletch182

Fletch182 New Member

Not too worried about out and out wet performance as I'm a fair weather rider now days but there are ocasions where you get caught out so some grip on those conditions would be nice.
    Also not too worried about 55 profile. Iv just come down from a ZZR1400 so to me the CBR is ridiculously easier to throw into corners in comparison. I'm having way more fun on the CBR. I'm assuming the 55 is for quicker tipping in?

6. Mr OCD

Mr OCD Well-Known Member

Pirelli Rosso 3's ... done 15k miles on my 2010 Fireblade with Metzler M7's, but having tried the rosso 3's I won't be going back...

Stick with standard profile as well.

7. Great Guy

Great Guy Well-Known Member

55 on the back and Pirelli RC. Brilliant.

8. RazorBlade

RazorBlade Member

Dunlop sportsmart 2.

9. Mike S

Mike S Active Member

Just curious to know why the switch from the ZZR ? I'm looking at going the other way ! I'm after a bit more comfort but I think I might miss the lightness and flickability of the Blade. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Fletch182

Fletch182 New Member

Hi mate
    The AXe was as fast as F**k. I'd done everything to it. Was pulling 183BHP at the back wheel. I did a track day on it and it put me off as it as it was just too bloody big. Started thinking. My wife just had a baby so she's hung up her leathers, I won't be touring anywhere so I'm back to howling around with the lads at the weekend so I thought a sports bike suited my needs better. Have to say I miss the pure grunt of the ZZR out the handling more than makes up for it. Having more fun on the blade

• Like Like x 1
  11. scottymcjimbo

scottymcjimbo New Member

Bridgstone S21 all day long, great tyres and amazing in the wet. Pretty decent on track as well.

12. Colum

Colum New Member

I understand the 55 corner better, is there any disadvantage using 55. Does one size wear better or grip better than the other?

13. Manofsteel

Manofsteel Well-Known Member

had supercorsas and rosso 3,but by a large margin bridgestone's S22's absolutely epic

14. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

I have Bridgestone s20r’s and they grip like mad when hot but spin up a lot when cold, also had the front twitch out in the wet but I don’t now if it was the tyre or road

#14 bazzashadow, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  15. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

probably not going to be a popular choice, but I’m enjoying my Dunlop Sportsmart 2 Maxx.

16. Colum

Colum New Member

How many miles you covered in the S22's? How are they in wet conditions. How does mileage and wet/dry grip compare with the Rosso 3?

17. Manofsteel

Manofsteel Well-Known Member

currently done about 800 miles on them in in all conditions even a torrential downpour so far so good the feel from the front is epic and the turn in on them is so natural and holds a line for as long as you want it too really impressed with them hardly wearing as well
    the rosso 3 were good in the wet and cool conditions but when its hot and you want to get a bit of a wriggle on I found the front wanted to understeer a fair bit like the back was overwhelming the front and made it feel really vague
    hope this helps

18. Colum

Colum New Member

It seems Dunlops are a very popular choice in North America ,and am hearing they are highly regarded in my district. The Sportsmart 3 looks interesting. Will like to support Dunlop with all their history in the sport.