Black blade - hindhead a3 northbound Friday morning about 10:30

Discussion in 'Spotted' started by zeepony, Apr 11, 2011.

1. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Lovely black 1000rr heading north in the sunshine on the A3 (new shape)

Didnt see any kit on it as i was busy trying to stay on board as i was heading to Calais on my repsol - late of course :tongue:

2. stu-pendus

stu-pendus Active Member

I live on the A3 at Hindhead but mines a black/white one.

3. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

Ahh - i thought it was going to be you - You would have noticed me as I made sure the Yoshi pipe was screaming when i passed by!

Currently i'm staying in Churt so next time on on the bike - maybe this weekend we should hit the 272?? I'll pm you if im free (moving house so lots of hard labor to to!)

4. ExDaytona675

ExDaytona675 Active Member

Could have been mine! I have an all black Fireblade and live in Midhurst. The bike was in the garage on Friday having a quickshifter fitted (awesome) and they test rode it on the A 3. If you are doing the 272 at the weekend let me know as I live 100yds off it near Midhurst and would love to go for a blast.

5. stu-pendus

stu-pendus Active Member

One of my favorite pubs is in Churt

ExDaytona675,which quickshifter have you installed and did it all go smoothly as i'm in the market for one.

6. stu-pendus

stu-pendus Active Member

Oh and forgot to say that if your having fun in Sussex,watch out for a '07 and '08 Blade both in black or an older style R1 with the riders wearing black with white helmets and no other markings as a local mate of mine was very kindly videoed by one of them with a resulting court appearence and other consequences if you get my drift.

#6 stu-pendus, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  7. ExDaytona675

Thanks for the heads up. A couple of years ago there were no Police bikes at all along the 272 however after a spate of very nasty accidents they are crawling all over it with unmarked bikes and cars - especially if you head off the 272 to Whiteways cafe near Arundel. Still so far so good - still have a clean license although the day it goes it might well be for a long time!
    I had a Dynojet quickshifter fitted. The only problem was that I had a PCIII fitted and it needs a seperate software module for the qucikshifter to work whereas the PC V has it already installed. It also took the garage (Haslemere Motorcycles - you probably know them) quite a while to sort out the software compatability and at the end of the day the whole lot cost a little north of £600. If I was to do it again I would go to Dynofit approved centre and wish I had gone for the PC V in the first place as that would have saved at least £200.
    Having said all that it is totally brilliant. You can pin the throttle open and just blip through the gears at the top end and it is a real buzz. Well worth the money.
    If you want to try it out I'd be happy to let you have a go.

8. zeepony

zeepony Active Member

^^^ Wahooo! Free bike rides!!! haha

Pub in Churt... are we talking the Crossways by any chance?! I think my dad has been there every day since 1962... loving the Courage Best.

9. ExDaytona675

Is that the one on the crossroads as you ride through Churt on the way to Farnham from Hindhead?

10. stu-pendus

stu-pendus Active Member

Oh yes,the crossways @ churt.the bloke that does \did own it is a huge Ducati Nut,Do you know the Thorn family??.
    Haslemere M/C?? never heard of them,i have been buying bikes and bits from Marty,Mark and Sluggy for at least the last 30 years.
    Shame that they dont sell Hondas anymore.
    Small world init.

11. ExDaytona675

'Tis indeed. I've bought two Triumphs from them, the first a Bonneville which they subsequently pimped up to 900 cc and it then blew up (they were very good about it and paid most of the repairs) followed by a Daytona 675 when they first came out. Loved it but made the mistake of riding a friend's Fireblade which just blew me away with the endless power delivery. Traded in the Daytona with Lings Norfolk for a new Fireblade within the month and have spent the last 3 years "enhancing" it. Despite all the new bikes appearing on the market it is hard to imagine anything more fun than the 'blade. Are you out n about on Saturday?

12. stu-pendus

stu-pendus Active Member

I bought a 1050 Speed triple,Ducati 748R,Aprillia RS250,Honda Firestorm,Gsxr1000 K6 and all the bits for my Kawasaki S2 350 triple from them,such a good shop.I cant make saturday as i have to go to a wedding but the summer is just beginning so i'm sure that a few of us will meet up soon.

13. ExDaytona675

Took a look at a Speed Triple (and the Street Triple) myself as they had such good write ups. My mate has just bought a new Street Triple and as soon as it is run in I'll have a proper go on it. If I could afford it I think it would make a good second bike. How did you get on with the Speed Triple?
    By the way what year is your Fireblade? I'll keep an eye out for in the future.
    Have a good wedding and I'll see you around sometime. Cheers.

14. stu-pendus

stu-pendus Active Member

I loved the Speedy,i put a Miv stubbie zorst and a special tail tidy which meant that i could put numberplate under the tail section behind the rear wheel like some of the US urban boys do.My Blade is an 08 in black and white but with black engine cases instead of gold and has a full akrapovic system.

Heres a short vid of it done at Thorney Island last year.

15. ExDaytona675

Brilliant vid but you've got to break the 10 second barrier! Now I know what you look like I'll keep an eye out for you. If you see an all black '08 with a rider in all black leathers on the 272 give me a flash and you can have a go with the quickshifter. Have a good weekend.

16. stu-pendus

stu-pendus Active Member

Trust me,it will get it into the 9's and have a good week end too bud.