Booster Plug for 2014-19 Blade -- NOW SOLD !!

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by mbooth1, Aug 9, 2020.

1. mbooth1

mbooth1 Active Member

For sale here is a used "Booster Plug" for the CBR Fireblade from 2014 to 2019, possibly other Honda models as well depending on the ambient air temerature sender they use. It is made to work through Honda ambient air sensor part no. 37880KWWC01 or 37880-KWW-C01 and has compatible connectors for this sensor. Unplug your air temp.sensor, connect thebooster plug to the sensor and it's harness lead and position the booster plug's air sensor in a suitable ambient air stream - easy!!

If you have never heard of a Boster Plug, google it. It is a brilliant little device that is a plug-and-play install on your bike which fools the ECU into thinking it is a wee bit warmer than the ambient air sensor says it is, the ECU compensates with a slightly richer mixture & this improves the off/on throttle stumble that many modern lean running engines suffer from as a result of complying with ever more severe emission requirements. It only works in the acceleration mode with the bike's lambda sensor reasserting the control of fuel mixture by the ECU under steady-state conditions. BUT I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU READ THE TECHNICAL PAGES ON THE BOOSTER PLUG WEBSITE IF INTERESTED, they explain it in very great depth. Lots of info available on their site.

This device tend to result in polarized reviews, you've either tried one and found it works as promised or you are sceptical but prepared to try it or alternatively not.................................like life it's a 'choice'. But there are testimonials all over the internet. I haven't searched the forum but remember it being discussed a few times.

Of course, a Power Commander and a remap is an alternative BUT......at a much much higher cost and with a lot of work, sometimes experimentation. This is a cheap-as-chips alternative, especially as this used example is a lot less than the approx £130 new cost of the Booster Plug.

I have had booster plugs on every one of my recently emitted bikes from a 2013 CBR6 to a 2014 Fireblade and more recently a 2017 Blade. I'm a convert and still have one on my 2017 Fireblade right now.
    I figure Honda do the very best they can within the constraints of meeting emission legislation but if I can find a simple way to slightly richen the acceleration mixture to offset on/off throttle lean mixture hesitation, why not.....??

Asking for £50 posted to a UK Mainland address.
    Pic is generic, connectors on the actual item are matched to the air sensor part number quoted above.

Booster Plug.jpg