Bootleg Bike Seats Preston

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by CharlieR85, Sep 20, 2016.

1. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Thought I'd give a big thumbs up for the above. Got the idea from a lady I met on a blade in Germany back in June. She bought a replacement seat off eBay and took it to an upholstery place for re-cushioning. I had a Scotland trip planned for this month and thought I'd give it a go myself. I got the seat from @yorkshiregooner for a good price and gave it to the chap at Preston. He's replaced and re-shaped the foam, added a gel insert over the top then re-covered it with new material. Can't say it was cheap, but when you look at the price of a gel seat to strap over the top then it's not bad at all. The price at bootleg was £120. Would have been £90 if he'd re-used the original covering. Some of the strap over gel seats are £80 so good value really. Everything he does seems to be one off so don't go in to him quoting me on these prices.

As for the results... I think I'm spending 25-35% longer in the saddle before I'm getting arse pain. Have to say when you're doing 280mile days that is a good gain really. Seat looks really good too. Will get a picture to upload tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1