Carbon Fibre At Zero Limits

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by BladeRR8, Sep 20, 2011.

1. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Anybody bought any Carbon Fibre products from zero-limits, Carbon, Fibre, Fiber,Motorbike, Parts, Bodywork, Carbon Fiber, Carbon Fibre and can comment on their quality.

I m interested in this piece and IMO the price is good but you normally get what you pay for IMO so not sure what to expect quailty wise.

Honda CBR1000RR 08-09 Belly Pan|Honda, CBR1000RR, CBR, 1000, RR, 2006, 2007, 06, 07, Carbon Fiber, Carbon Fibre, Carbon, Fibre, Fiber, Motorbike, Parts, Bodywork, Belly, Pan| Zero Limits

And this statement in their T&C's puts me off.

Returns and Exchanges

1. All parts are sold as aftermarket option: This means all items, performance parts and or parts and items listed on the website or in our catalogue are sold "AS IS" without any warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, including warranties or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair. THERE IS NO WARRANTY DISTRIBUTED ITEMS.

Link to full T&C's / Refund Policy

Zero Limits

2. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

I'd like to see them get away with that under the Sale of Goods Act.

3. Si.

Si. God Like

Ooooh, i like that belly pan.

I think that some carbon parts require modification, especially the bolt holes etc..., so i think this may be their way so you can't return them. Caveat emptor i think.
    It looks nice kit though.

4. Moily

Moily Active Member

Correct - if they are trading under a business then that T&C's clause is completely worthless.

5. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

It's the refund policy that puts me of buying and I m sure it will others as it basically says we can send you any unfit for purpose rubbish and its your problem if you don t like it.

6. Moily

Moily Active Member

They can't - that's the point. Under the Sale Of Goods Act 1979, the item has to be as described and fit for purpose. If not then you have redress via the courts (small claims, in this case).

Granted that this would be less than ideal but you can have a chat with them before buying and point out their legal obligations and see if you can get assurances that they'll honour them. If they start to be arsey and claim their clause is correct, then walk away.

7. abv

abv Active Member

I actually laughed out load when I read that.

"We can sell you whatever crap we like and it's your problem!!!"

I'd steer clear myself

8. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Damn . I love the look of that belly pan . its cheap to so does that indicate poor quality ?

9. Si.

Si. God Like

Dan, you will probably find that a lot of CF stuff for sale here, is the same stuff that is sold everywhere else, just different prices.

I like the look of that belly pan myself, will look well trick on a black blade..... hmmmmm.

A lot of CF stuff is carbon/fiberglass mix, the only real 100% carbon stuff i know of is Ilmberger and another company in the UK that does bespoke stuff.
    It depends as well, if it's autoclave etc... as this does impart on the quality.

I think the most important thing (for me anyway) is the quality and depth of the lacquer, and the autoclave. I will only buy autoclave stuff now, as the finish is better.

10. ray

ray Well-Known Member

About us...

Welcome to the World of Simply-Carbon.

Simply-Carbon *is striving to be a one stop shop for all things manufactured with Composite based materials.
    With Many years spent in the motorsport industry, Simply Carbon believe that our innovative approach to product development* is borne out in our philosophy of creating products that work for the end consumer in terms of Fashion and Functionality.

We believe in Good honest value to the end consumer. All our Staff at Simply Carbon believe the consumer deserves to be dealt with in a friendly and professional manner.

Please review the following basic terms that govern your use of and purchase of products from our Site. Please note that your use of our Site constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by those terms.

I love the statement at the end :haha:

11. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

There in Bourne just North of Peterborough.

Zero Limits

Does anybody live near there to pop in and do a quick quality check ? just a suggestion.

12. Si.

Si. God Like

Steve, I think I'm going to have a punt on that bellypan mate... I can't resist lol.

13. Bikeracer1098

Bikeracer1098 Active Member

The rear hugger is only £43 !!!!

14. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Looking at the 07 Blade there are two different prices for the tank cover?

15. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

I thought you might. LOL, let me know what you think and post up some photos:pleasantry:

16. Fir3blade

Fir3blade Active Member

Hi All

Just doing a google search and found this thread i live in bourne and can vouch for paul a zero-limits as i help him on race days as we support derik redmond racing any way i have some of his carbon on my 06 blade. belly pan tank infills and hugger and also chain guard the carbon is very good not just saying that but the belly pan did take a little fettling to sit right i'm more than happy to post some pics if you need them

Ps nice site here i'm on at firebladeriders but hopefully hang around here

Cheers
    G

17. Si.

Si. God Like

Hi g, can you post up pics please?? Cheers!

18. Fir3blade

Fir3blade Active Member

Hi si

Sure will they will be up by dinner

19. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Oi ... where's the pics G ..... or do you only eat every other day :haha:

Oooops .. my bad .. thats 11.37 evening not morning .... SOZ

#19 Nutty Tart, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  20. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member