Castle Combe - 105 db

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by Jbully_uk, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Jbully_uk

Jbully_uk New Member

I want to book a track day or two this year but... I though given the bike came with a Leo vince GP can it might be worth a noise test before booking.

I attended a session saturday gone only to pull up and the guy shake his head before I had even stopped :(

Ill test it he says but I am not hopeful ...

few seconds later he walks away with his fingers in his ears 6,500 reves (needed to be 105 db or under at 9,000 rpm) was over 111db.

I have just brought a replacement stock can for £65.00 but im little worried that it still will not pass the test, has any one ridden at CC on a CBR1000rr with a stock can ???? if it wont pass is there any way I can reduce the noise levels for
    the track days alone ????

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Should be 5500K Revs?

No matter, either way you'd have failed with that Can!

3. Jbully_uk

Jbully_uk New Member

when reading the web site and talking to the women on the phone they said at 6000 rpm but the guy that did the test cheked the red line (13k) and said has to be at 3/4 of the red line which would be 9750. Should I be going back and asking again ?

4. Jase

Jase Elite Member

A stock exhaust will easily pass a noise test not sure what the DB is for a stock exhaust but I would bet its low and will pass any track noise test.

My Yoshi is 101db and that will pass most tracks as they have a 102db limit so no problem with a stock exhaust

#4 Jase, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  5. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

When I've looked at castle combe they say its got to be standard can.

6. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

When I booked Castle Combe and said I had a Fireblade, they said it wouldn't pass the noise test... then I said I had a lowly old RR7, and they said that will be OK, but the RR8 onwards will not pass, even with standard exhaust... I think it even says so on their website: Castle Combe Track Days - Bike Information

They are, I believe, the strictest track in the country, due to lots of wealthy local residents who have bought their expensive houses next to a race track, then complain about the noise it makes!!!

7. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Pain in the arse as it's my nearest track. Thruxton is rigid as well.

8. Jase

Jase Elite Member

Edited this .

So after reading this again I am guessing the problem is the noise test been done at 9k static bloody hell that is strict looking at the list of bikes that do have problems makes you wonder what bikes are on track.

The noise limit for the day is 105 db(A), which is measured at ½ metre from the exhaust outlet at ¾ maximum revs. It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure that their machine is within this limit. All machines are sound tested prior to going out on the circuit. In the event of a machine failing the sound check, then the rider will be entitled to a 75% refund. If you are unsure if your bike will get through the noise test (i.e. if it is fitted with an after market exhaust system), then you can always come over to get the bike noise tested prior to booking a place.

#8 Jase, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  9. Jbully_uk

Jbully_uk New Member

thats why I went over jase, I think the only way im going to get on the track is to buy a cheep ass track bike, which Im quite annoyed about. I have a "FIREBLADE" a bike built to go fast on a track and I cant use it :( having a look at the other tracks around the country looks like the max DB is 110 so Im stuffed unless the Stock will reduce the noise enough, I have just brought one off ebay so ill fit it and take it back as soon as I can (no pun intended) then post up the results

any suggestions about a cheep cheep track bike thats going to be fun.

10. Jase

Jase Elite Member

Most other tracks test at 5500k on a static test your blade with standard exhaust/Yoshi or similar will be fine on most tracks just the tracks like Mallory and this one you will have problems.

Instead of getting a trackbike just go to a track where noise testing is done at 5-5500k on a static test and you will be fine there is more tracks that test like this than at 9k.so don't worry you will get the blade on track no problems and once you do then that's where the addiction to trackdays starts .:D

#10 Jase, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014