Chinese Fairings Review

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Frazzle, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Frazzle

Frazzle Active Member

Been meaning to do a little review as I was also a member of the what are they like brigade... so..... Hopefully these should answer a few questions...

I bought mine from iFairings.com (Based out of HK). I bought these at the end of October for £400 and they arrived in 3.5 weeks IIRC...

Paint Quality - Paintwork seems generally very good, I'm very impressed... there are literally a couple of very tiny oversprays, but you have to look for them, obviously I have no idea how they will fare with stones and sun but so far they look good.

Panel Quality - Well they are certainly "stiffer" (no sniggering at the back).. than OEM, that's probably no bad thing, UNLESS like me you are doing a 2008-2011 with the one piece bellypan... whilst it fits perfectly it is VERY easy to break tabs due to the lack of flex... you just need to take your time..

Joining Plastics - Seem of a very similar quality, I actually used the ones that came with the kit as opposed to the OEM ones so I could keep all the OEM together..

Fitment - I had to enlarge one hole by about 1 mm all around but that was it... everything else fitted perfectly... I also had to drill a hole to join the belly pan to the fairing as I snapped a tab (quite a common occurance as it turns out), but this is hardly visible so not too fussed.

In total it took me about 5.5 hours to replace, which considering this is the most over engineered fairing design I have ever seen I wasn't too bothered.... if you're doing an SC59, just take your time, especially around the bellypan when fitting.

Bad Bits :- The tank stripe on mine is not lined up correctly, I contacted them and they responded very quickly.. they have offered me $50 back or a new tank, naturally I'd rather have a new tank cover so I'm waiting for that.

Tips :- Setup a fowlers account as guaranteed you'll need some fasteners etc for ones that have seen better days, you'll need to buy tank cover spacer pads as per the original... I'd definitely advise on getting some spare push pins too! (although I'd use ebay as they're cheaper).

Overall :- For 400 quid I'd say you really can't go wrong... in my opinion it looks great (apart from the stripe), my presumption is that most of the companies like auctomart etc all use the same moulds so I'd guess they are for all intents and purposes the same... I did do a little googlage before buying and iFairings got decent reviews... you are also able to customise the fairing and decals free of charge, which I should have done more of to get one of the decals the correct colour... but hey ho...

Due to lockdown and the quite frankly sh*te weather I've not ridden it since fitting it all but hoping it won;t fall apart :)

Attached are a few pics... albeit I've now added a colour coded hugger with san carlo decal obvioulsy and the exhaust is off and for sale.. I'm still not convinced with the seat.. should be just black?? wheels also need to be black but am thinking of some nice OZ's later in the year perhaps..

Right Side.jpg Front.jpg Full Side.jpg

• Like Like x 13
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. PauloHRC

PauloHRC God Like

Good review that mate, I've had some myself and I can agree with most of what you've said.

Should have took the pillion pegs off while you had the seat unit off! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Lovely that. Super Sic ;)
    Agree on the wheels....still looks nice though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Frazzle

Frazzle Active Member

Yeah stupidly didn't think about that at the time... or an oil change either so I've got to take the right side off again! Doh!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I bought mine a few years ago, the supplier no longer trades but mine have been good, not quite oem but for the price very good

• Like Like x 2
  6. Frazzle

Frazzle Active Member

Always said If I ever got a blade I'd do a Marco special, got a couple of screen stickers to finish it off with too :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. charliebrown266

charliebrown266 Active Member

They look great

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Ice Doc

Ice Doc Active Member

I think I'd find sticking the stickers on the most stressful part of the entire process - I'm the sort of person that would stick them on then want to move them a little bit up, down, left and right and then leave them looking a mess. Speaking of which, bike looks great and very very clean. You're going to spend longer cleaning it than riding it I reckon! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. BigMWalks

BigMWalks New Member

They look great! I have an Auctmarts set on the RR5 I have recently purchased and they look and seem to fit great so I will be looking to buy another set over the winter. I have Rothmans now so I’m thinking of either HM Plant replica or the AMA HRC colours of the era

• Like Like x 1