Colour Code for 2014 HRC Tri Colour Fireblade anyone?

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Singh1000RR, May 31, 2016.

1. Singh1000RR

Singh1000RR Active Member

Hi, do any owners of a 2014 HRC Tri-Colour Fireblade know what the Honda colour code is?

I've been given R-334 (Victory Red) and N-195

Any advice appreciated. Trying to match up a RED seat cowl to that years bike.

2. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

NH-196

Colour code is on a label under took kit

3. Singh1000RR

NH-196 - isn't that a white code? Is the default cowl a white one or a red one? I noticed on the SP's the cowl is white. Is it the same on the Std blade as well?

4. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

That's the colour code of mine - just checked for you. I guess that could be the white code (if that's the main colour?). I've got a white (not red) cowl on mine anyway.

5. Singh1000RR

Sorry Ian I should have been clearer in my first post. I'm after matching a RED cowl to the RED rear seat assembly. Yes you are correct the main colour of the bike is white (as on v5) which would be code NH-196 as you mentioned.

Does your white cowl go well with the red rear assembly? I'd love to see pics of it so I can see for myself. I was going to go for a RED cowl but could easily change my mind to white (more white 2nd hand ones on internet as well.)

6. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

I don't have any pics at the moment. I think the white looks better - its a continuation of the white front fairing / white tank.

7. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

Try race paint they will tell you

8. levin

levin Active Member

I know it's an old thread but just wondering did u ever find the right code for the red , iv just had an sp seat cowl painted r334 victory red and it doesn't match my hrc red tail :(

9. Singh1000RR

Hi, no I didn't - but I'm about to spray a SP seat cowl red. I thought R334 was the right code - but if you've tried it and no joy then i'm really confused.

Did you manage to resolve this - if so with what colour?

10. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

R334 victory red is the correct code for the red on 2014 hrc. It depends where you get the paint from. I got R334 from RS bike paints which was an excellent mach, they recommend a base coat which is white. If you don’t use the correct base coat the end result could be slightly off. It also requires a coat of lacquer.

A quote from RS Bike Paint

“R334 is the correct paint for your bike. It's not a metallic colour, but reds are often see-through in nature & therefore they have to sit on top of the correct colour for the shade of red to be correct. That's why it has a base paint.”

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I second RS Paints as a premium product. I've used a few cans for various jobs both with and without base coats. Follow RS's directions and you won't go wrong!! (Their postage and packaging is excellent also!)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Singh1000RR

Thank guys - the above info is really useful. Contacted RS and they sent me a link to their site. Good work!!