Dynojet quickshifter kill times

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by stuart_g, Oct 1, 2019.

1. stuart_g

stuart_g Active Member

Hi all,

I have just fitted a Dynojet standalone ignition quickshifter and i must say I should have done it a long time ago, makes riding the bike a lot more enjoyable and not having to faf about closing the throttle to upshift even without the clutch, so much better and soooo smooth.

The only thing i did notice is the nose of the bike dip alot when changing gear and seemed like the ignition cut for too long and wasn’t as quick as I thought to get the power back on.

I have connected it to the speed sensor and enabled intellishift mode so thought it would adjust the kill times according to speed/gear etc. I had to program each gear at 6,500 rpm so it should make a calculation on gear and speed.

I may try to reduce the kill times a bit and haven’t investigated what the settings are at the moment.

What kill times should i be roughly looking at for each gear?

Cheers

2. Mattie1972

Mattie1972 Active Member

Afternoon

I fitted one to my old V2 Tuono (it was the PCIII plug in) and loved it. Felt like a Moto GP engineer with my laptop connected to my bike messing about with settings.

I'm pretty sure standard was 60ms and that worked well for me in each gear. I don't think it will let you go any lower than 40ms so if its in standard settings there's not much adjustment down.