E10 is/ has finally hit us

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by bonjo, Aug 26, 2021.

1. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

So diesel remains unchanged.
    As the majority of cars sold in the past 15 years with dubious emission claims, it looks like a political joke.
    The change in co2 from E10 will be negligible (IMO) while diesel co2, nitrous oxide and all the other particles they belch in their black soot will carry on
    Plus ca change plus c’est la meme chose :mad:

2. Black & White

Black & White Well-Known Member

I wonder how many politicians have a financial interest in ethanol production or supply?
    Can't we all just put a brick in our toilet cisterns to save the planet?

3. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Noticed that last night at my local filling station. Just put 97 in it, don’t really trust e10 for now. When e5 came out it was deemed as 5% ethanol was the maximum safe amount, and now they have raised it to 10%. The thing that bothers me is ethanol isn’t friendly to plastic and rubber, it also absorbs moisture, and if that’s sitting in your fuel lines and injectors over the winter months could it cause corrosion?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Fuel consumption will go up ,,, MPG down :eek::eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jez

Jez Senior Member

Diesel was promoted at first as it has a lower co2 output and some other gas emissions than petrol, then with the DPF filters this took out the soot particulates to make them more environmentally friendly.
    unfortunately just as they released euro 6 diesel standards that are better than petrol the gov had stuck the knife in so diesel was not liked.
    They probably make more tax on petrol cars

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Rip off Britain sums it up I think

7. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I think we have had it easy compared to other european countries and the US.

8. edderby

edderby Active Member

Or fill up with “Esso Supreme+99” containing zero ethanol. From Esso website:

“Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is actually ethanol free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). Legislation requires us to place these E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol, which is why we display them on our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps.

There’s currently no requirement for renewable fuel, like ethanol, to be present in super unleaded petrol although this could change in the future, in which case we would comply with any new legislation.”

• Useful Useful x 3
  9. RepsolSam

RepsolSam Well-Known Member

I would think little less then the politicians who have an financial interest in rolling out the Covid vaccines…

• Agree Agree x 2