EBC HH or SBS Evo Sinter brake pads

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Connor Parkes, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Connor Parkes

Connor Parkes Active Member

Good morning guys and girls,

Looking to replace what I think are the original brake pads on my 2011 blade.
    Anyone got experience with EBC HH pads, they're popular so thought I'd ask for specific experience on the abs fireblade.

Alternatively has anyone used SBS Evo Sinter pads as these also get food write ups.

Bike is only used on road.

Cheers, have a good day :)

2. mgoode180566

mgoode180566 Active Member

ooooh you are playing with fire.....my input , Bendix MRR, track day only for me, very high performance and good wear

3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I'm undecided whether to top with brown sauce or plain ketchup!:D

On a serious note, I've been happy with EBC (road use) mainly because they're the 'default' pad used by my Honda dealer. To be fair, I can't feel any difference between them and the OEMs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Connor Parkes

Whoops ...... Yea good reviews... My autocorrect showing what I'm normally talking about!

They seem a good well used choice, not sure I've ever seen a bad write up on HH pads. Cheers

5. Connor Parkes

As said above think my pads are past their best, possibly 7 years old as bike hasn't done 10k miles yet. Brake effect doesn't increase with more force put in at the lever, my old zx9 did the same and problem went with new pads

6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Have you checked the state of the brake fluid? If that's unchanged from new you'd be lacking in stopping power.;)

7. Connor Parkes

True..... Dealership job to change the fluid on an abs I think, or am I wrong?

8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Wisely yes. But be prepared for a whacking bill. Experienced ABS members on here will probably offer you guidance on DIY. In the meantime perhaps to a forum search on ABS fluid change or similar.

9. Slick

Slick Elite Member

SBS sintered are cheap and perform admirably. Used them exclusively for years both ABS and non ABS blade.
    Bed in super quick and very predictable.

10. mgoode180566

mgoode180566 Active Member

Get that ABS rubbish removed now !

11. Jez

Jez Senior Member

if you are half competent you can change the brake fluid, do not try to empty the system just keep topping up and bleed as normal, put a full new container of fluid through and you will be good to go. Do not let the top reservoir run dry, I like my EBC HH pads they seem to have better bite than oe

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. F1CT1C10U5

F1CT1C10U5 Well-Known Member

If you ride in the rain, DO NOT get the EBC HH. Great in dry conditions tho.
    I tried a lot of brake pads in my 08, SBS are definitely the ones I think the cost/performance ratio is better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Connor Parkes

What's the issue with HH in rain?

14. F1CT1C10U5

Braking is only effective after 1 or 2 seconds after you start to brake while the pads are wet. Also they made the steering vibrate a lot while braking, and also make a lot of noise (like squealing). It happened to me and a friend of mine on a 600RR.
    Found online that it was a pretty common issue with the EBC HH.

It was the first time that I didn't use brake pads until the end, only used them for 2 or 3 thousand KMs. At that time I replaced them with the SBS pads. Before I replaced them, what I would do while in the rain was always leaving my index finger applying small pressure to the brake lever in order to don't let water accumulate on the pads, so when I actually needed to brake, it will actually brake instantly, and not a second later.

15. Connor Parkes

Juddering when braking with new pads is generally old material stuck to the pads that is different to the new mad material. Did you definitely clean the discs with a light sanding / abrasive cloth?

16. F1CT1C10U5

Yes... Before I had them replaced, discs were cleaned and pads sanded. Did absolutely nothing. Also, I did whore them for at least 2000 kms... pads in my bike usually last around 6000 kms...

17. hitch

hitch Elite Member

Must have been annoying for those following you, with the brake lights constantly on :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jez

Jez Senior Member

You don't need better pads you need a better weather app :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. raphael

raphael Elite Member

i have used both mate and haven’t had any issues with the HH pads, I use the bike all year and for me the ebc pads work better than the sbs in the colder wetter months.
    Both are pretty cheap so just give one a go and if you don’t get on with them get the other.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Demmel

Demmel Member

Someone used pads Brembo SA? What can you say about them?