ECU Management Software

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by nigelrb, Jun 8, 2018.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I am becoming increasingly interested in performing more of my own tuning. (Most members will recall that I come from the points and carburettors days)

I have read of Woolich software used by a couple of members, and I think one other has been mentioned.

Is there a steep learning curve for this software for one who is reasonably computer literate? Or would I be better off just taking my bike to one of the reputable 'ECU Flash' centres? would appreciate all comments. Cheers!

2. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Is the c90 not fast enough Nige :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I'd expect that from @Lozzy, but not from a seemingly well-educated, eloquent person.:rolleyes:

So no, I'm doing nothing to the C90 until I've kitted it up with Ohlins etc. Here's the master plan:

Master Plan.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Well-EDuCAted Hahaha o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I use Ftecu.com flashing software and have replaced the narrowband O2 senors with a wideband O2 to run "AutoTune"
    once installed and flashed up you can plug your laptop in to the bike and change/tune what ever you need.

that's for my 2015 R1 btw, but they do Honda 1000RR too?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Cheers Simon. Yep, found the Honda package: https://ftecu.com/shop/2017-honda-cbr-1000-data-link-ecu-flashing-kits/

I'll do some serious You Tube viewing and other research before dropping that sort of money. It also seems as if the software might be 'model specific' so I could need 3 different flashes for the 04,11, and 18. Damn technology!:mad: