Ecu where is it ??

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Jason harrison, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Jason harrison

Jason harrison Active Member

hi people stupid question maybe I thought it was on top of the air box I recently bought an ider plug and play gear indicator for my 07blade instructions read to plug into the red 4pin plug near the Ecu only I can't find a spare red 4pin plug can any one help with the location or am I looking in the wrong place it does have a power commander fitted so is this plug now used ?? TIA

2. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

I think most gear indicators plug into the DLC(data link connector) on the 06/07 it is behind the side fairing on the left of the bike(as you sit on it). Find the upper corner of the radiator, just in front of that is the red 4pin connector (bundled on the loom) you are looking for.

[​IMG]

3. blake7

blake7 Active Member

The ECU is located behind the main fairing. Right hand side I think from memory. 08 onwards were moved to the airbox

4. sulaco

sulaco Active Member

One piece of advice I would give is to buy a Haynes manual, it will save you so much time and money, if you are the sort to take on jobs yourself.

5. blake7

blake7 Active Member

As above for the gear indicator plug.

6. Jason harrison

Jason harrison Active Member

Thanks I will have a look on the left side I did look on the right hand side also downloaded the manual from the net but can't beat paper I guess