Fitting a tail bag to RR4-7

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by dmc12, Feb 19, 2019.

1. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

I'm considering heading up to Snetterton for a track day this weekend, but don't want to lug all my shit up in a backpack. I've got one of these: SW18 - Shadwww.shad.es/en/shad-usa/products/bags/waterproof-bags/sw18/c71r114/ and it would make sense to use it as a tail bag, it has plenty of straps.

So my question is, are there any dos/don'ts for putting tail bags on under-seat exhaust blades, in terms of where or where not to strap them? (the obvious moronity of wrapping a strap around the exhaust apart).

Any other tips would also be greatly appreciated :)

2. DazK

DazK Active Member

Hi DMC,
    I used an oxford 80ltr bag on my rr7 with no issues at all. Just make sure its evenly packed or you will feel the difference! Obv heavier items over the seat/middle and you’ll be fine. The rear pegs are great for fixing points as long as you tie everything up and fix it so nowt gets in your wheel/drive train etc. Protect your paint from rubbing marks and scratches, sticky foam pads? Here’s mine loaded up for IOM ‘17.

Attached Files:

3. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I bought a set of Ducati Kriega straps for my RR6 and put a rubber dashboard sheet over the pillion seat cowl.
    Then for good measure I added a bungee strap through the bags to the Honda luggage straps either side of the exhaust.

[​IMG][/url]P1000111

[​IMG][/url]P1000114

• Like Like x 1
  4. dmc12

dmc12 Well-Known Member

I ended up doing something pretty similar in the end (albeit just taking a smaller bag). The trick is getting it the right way round so it doesn’t compromise your seating position too much!

BA8A0003-DFC9-4FFD-AA62-7593491EF691.jpeg

Attached Files:

5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

All that extra weight!! I won't even carry loose change in my pocket!:D