Fitting Instructions

Discussion in 'Conquest Carbon' started by Freedom of choice, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Hi Steve

Excuse me sending this from the Fireblade forum as it’s about Ducati mainly but also applies to Fireblades.

I was thinking the other evening. I would probably purchase one of your carbon over size exhaust heat shields to replace the plastic one on my Panigale, what’s putting me off is knowing how to fit it as having had a look at mine its not a simple job by the looks of it.

It might be useful and increase business if you provided details of how to fit items, I don’t mean the simple things, just items that are a bit more involved, ie the exhaust shield. Best would be a video lesson but written instructions would be better then nothing. I have purchased a number of R&G items over the years and they always come with detailed instructions regardless of difficulty in fitting……..It’s just a thought Steve.

Thank you in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I run a small Technical Publications company, mainly dealing with aircraft and ships maintenance, I produce step by step removal and fitting guides, servicing instructions etc.

So if you did want to produce fitting instructions I may be able to help you do this.

With these Carbon Parts I guess the fit, form and function of the part is identical to the OE part, so it should already be available in one form or another from the Maintenance Handbook and simply need putting into a format that the end user can understand.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Freedom of choice

By that you mean technical luddites like me. Perfect

4. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

In a way yes ;)

5. Conquest Carbon

Conquest Carbon New Member

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delayed reply I have been to see the in laws over the weekend so I haven't had the opotunity to visit the site.

We do supply a fitting guide for some of the really complicated parts such as the 1199 exhaust guards, but at the moment most parts we provide are pretty straight forward to fit. However we definately take on board your feedback, our only problem is not always having a bike to be able to video/make fitting instructions from.

As JamieREP said, most parts are carbon copies of the originals so most can/should be found in the handbook.

#5 Conquest Carbon, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Conquest Carbon

Conquest Carbon New Member

PS if you have any doubt about fitting parts or mechanical knowhow I would strongly advise having parts fitted by a qualified mechanic.

7. Freedom of choice

Thanks Steve, I didn't know you already provided instructions for the complicated stuff. I will get back in my box.