For Sale Section... Some Simple Rules, Please Read Before Posting!

Discussion in 'Bikes For Sale' started by CastrolCraig, Jan 27, 2012.

1. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

We here at 1000RR.CO.UK are a fairly easy bunch, but we are putting a few new rules up about the For Sale section.

Please do not advertise Cat A or B Motorcycles or Parts, Please Do not advertise Bikes, Frames or Engines that have altered or defaced numbers. Frames that have no frame number and have never had a frame number and have appropriate proof of this are fine.

ANY THING THAT IS POSTED THAT BREAKS THESE FORUM RULES WILL BE DELETED. IF YOU CONTINUE TO FLOUT THESE RULES YOU MAY BE BANNED FROM THE FORUM.

We also reserve the right to pass anything suspicious onto the appropriate authorities.

I thank you for reading this and wish you well with your legitimate sales!

• Like Like x 2
  2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

You got my report mate ?

3. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

We having a minimum post limit I noticed a newbie's first two post were simply 2 items for sale!

4. Si.

Si. God Like

So did i.

5. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you think we need one? My thoughts were that the more goodies in the For Sale section the better for us all.

Let me know if you chaps feel different.....

Happy to discuss.

6. Si.

Si. God Like

I think that some people join up just to sell their wares.... And having one post to sell expensive bits, there a trust issue that hasn't built up.
    I've been ripped off in the past, so i'm cautious now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Seems to be what the people want mate

8. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I have mixed feelings, on one hand I feel that they are just 'using' the site but on the other hand it gives group members a chance to buy something they might want. I think if I had to choose it would be allow the adverts without a post limit as group members may benefit from the opportunity to buy something they want.

9. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Exactly this is my thinking. Does it detract from our experience of the site or add to it?

Totally appreciate being ripped off though and the need for caution, especially new members with low post count.

10. Benn The Pig

I think current members realise what their doing so they don't get the reception genuine new comers get!

I personally think their are enough bargains to be had by the business sellers on here and on eBay.

It ends up with hundreds of inactive users registered!

It might seem ok to get a quick bargain but in the long run I think it does more harm than good!

I can see it from both sides and it makes no odds to me either way it's just becoming more obvious as the forum is getting more popular it's more frequent!

11. Rob

Rob Administrator
    Staff Member

Good points well made Benn.

12. Benn The Pig

Rob, as I said its not my forum and it really makes no odds at all to me, in fact I could be loosing out in the long run.

I just think its a bit of a Pi*s take when its so clearly obvious whats being done by some.

"I'm selling my blade as I just bought the new ZX10, anyone wanna buy it" lol only an example but its quite obvious if their selling up they aint sticking around lol.

Its just not fair on you especially and all the mods that put time effort and god knows how much money into running the site for free loadsers to just use and abuse the goog will then dissaper!

13. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Your sort of wrong there Benn,

http://1000rr.co.uk/trackdays/2940.htm

I posted this up this morning before telling all the admins and mods. Why you may ask?

As it said the forum is run for it's members by it's members. not just for the mods or others who would only use the forum to advertise what they have for same personally or via a company.

I would say that having quality members who us the forum often is worth 1000% more than 300 members who post twice to sell their bike or bits

just my views. And as for this sticky it was suggested due to covering the forum from having dodgy stuff for sale and so we can remove these items without notice

I for one hate too many rules But some are needed. maybe at some point we can have these added to the notice before members join? and just 1 sticky on the forum so not to clutter the place

• Like Like x 1
  14. rooroorooster

rooroorooster Active Member

Hi guys, i think this is a great forum/site and wish i'd have known about it long ago. Great bunch of guys (and gals) on ere. I wouldn't want it to turn into a free ebay though. If they can post what they have for sale but can't be bothered to post a little bout themselves then......
    However, having said that, I do have an exhaust i have to sell (Pipe Werx GP3) and i'd like to think that i could offer it to a member of this forum at a discount price before putting it on eBay, I'm just not on here to abuse it like some people would

Scratch that last bit, the exhaust's sold :)

#14 rooroorooster, Jan 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Just a heads up for members, if you find someone joins and is trying to sell a bike thats not related to this forum or and only joined to spam them please inform one of the mods

thanks
    Just added this as I spotted a member join then post 2 links trying to sell a 675, if they have nothing helpful to give the forums its not really on

Please do not just put up your bike for sale then leave as this may get removed. We are not Gumtree or Ebay.

#15 Remal, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  16. JJrr4

JJrr4 New Member

I have only been here a couple of days and only found the site because I was looking for parts using google ... I have always been a fireblade man and even though I have ridden other bikes, I have no intention of giving up on the blades ... from what I have seen so far, there are a great bunch of people here and the help/advice I have already been given has proven most advantageous ... I think its disgraceful that some people would abuse a community like this just to unload their unwanted items ... I am here to improve my machine and my knowledge of my machine and in turn intend on passing what I have learned on to newer members, where appropriate ... having a minimum post requirement before allowing sale posts is a good idea because then only genuine people will join and stay ... I know I am only a newbie here myself and my opinion wont hold much weight but I would hate to see anyone abuse the good nature of other members and the hard work the admin have put in to the site without them giving back to the community ... trust and respect are earned ... those that have helped me have already earned my trust and respect ... dont take if you are not prepared to give back ... (this is just my opinion)

• Like Like x 1
  17. jnrhopper

jnrhopper New Member

This maybe a stupid question but always wondered what the difference is between the blue, red or grey letter icon when you post a thread??

18. Hipster

Hipster New Member

Hi
    I am one of those newbies who has recently posted my bike for sale. The reason I have placed an ad on this site instead of or before ebay is because the members are already knowledgeable and passionate about the model. I have spent a lot of money on my bike and would like it to go to a good home. I also didn't want to waste hours answering dumb questions and being offered insulting buy it now offers. If my actions have in any way offended the members I will gladly remove my posting.

19. sinewave

sinewave God Like

I sold my Blade for a new ZX10 and I'm still here! :cool:

20. Hipster

Hipster New Member

My fantastic Blade that's for sale! image.jpg

Attached Files: