Friday 23 March 2012 Donington & Sunday 25 March 2012 Rockingham - No Limits

Discussion in 'Trackdays' started by fordy99, Mar 13, 2012.

1. fordy99

fordy99 Member

Hi, getting my track day fix in early this year. Doing Donny on Fri 23 March and Rockingham on Sunday 25 March.

Anyone else going?

2. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Yes Rockingham tomorrow, couple of mates got in fast but all booked out by the time I got round to it. Planning to bob along and watch the action. would be nice to say hi.

3. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Do you have to pay to pop in and watch? What time will you be there ? I out tomorrow but if I,m let down and on my own I might pop by a say hello

4. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

spectating at a trackday is free.

5. Freedom of choice

I am meeting a mate who's coming up from London on his Duke and meeting at the services on the A1/A14 junction about half ten then rolling over to Rockingham. Fordy is racing but he hasn’t answered a pm so not sure if he is still going. But a guy from our head office is taking his R6 track bike.

6. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

I'm off to the nec early on to drop someone off so if I'm able to wonder down it will be early pm? If I'm there I'll look for a blade next to a duke an say hi

7. fordy99

fordy99 Member

Hi Guys,
    Sorry for the late update, work is taking over. Met up with Carl and Freedom - top blokes, but their bikes were too shiny. I'm fussy when it comes to bike cleaning but these guys take it to a whole new level :cool:

Anyway had two great track days. Donny was brilliant as usual and Rockingham, although new to me, will become a favourite.

8. dazza

dazza Active Member

Glad you had a good couple of days. Donnington is pure awesomeness and Rocky is a love or hate track. Ive done the international a few times and liked it apart from the raised part and the no overtaking through the cones. Spectated at the super bike circuit once but didn't rate it that much. National looks the best, but yet to try it. Out of interest which did you do?

9. fordy99

fordy99 Member

International circuit. Little bit of banking and all infield. TBH I kept it in 2nd gear for the infield and the main straight, bounced it off the rev limiter to avoid changing up and then down again just before the chicane and the cones. After the cones I snicked up to 3rd to get better drive on the short straight before the first hairpin. (I didn't fancy changing gear while banked over with a ton of revs on it - not brave enough). It made me want to do it again...

10. Freedom of choice

Lol. That wasn’t clean IMO, given I had ridden in the fog it had water marks all over it. I also have you know it got put away "dirty" when I got back.

Ling says I am completely OCD when it comes to my bike but to me its just looking after your investment. Never seem to notice any dust around the house though, but seeing as we are planning to build a new one and pull this one down I don’t really have any appetite for housework.

Rest assured it will get a wash and polish at sometime this week work permitting.

Good to meet you and glad you enjoyed the day out.

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Dust looks as bad as it's ever going to look after 3 weeks.

If you can live with how it looks after 3 weeks, you never have to remove it.

In this age of energy conservation I think of it as free insulation.