Front wheel change video on 2017 cbr1000rr

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by Dr. Speed Lemon, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Dr. Speed Lemon

Dr. Speed Lemon New Member

I hope episode 2 is better then episode 1 and that this info ends up helping those in the fireblade community.

#1 Dr. Speed Lemon, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  2. simon p

simon p New Member

Another interesting video, I like to see other people's way of doing things, we all have our own way

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dr. Speed Lemon

Thank you. I'm not a professional or anything but I've been doing things this way for the last 7 years. With 46,000 miles on a 2006cbr1000rr and now 10,000 miles on a 2017cbr1000rr(1000s of miles on a bunch of other bikes too). During that time I would look up videos on YouTube and look on these threads to help me out along the way. My friend (cameraman/editing) and I have had more free time because of the pandemic so we decided to make these videos. Hopefully they help someone out. The oil change video is next, I'm sure the thread on that one will be long. Feel free to let me know if you see something I could do better/differently, I might like your way better.

4. firmstools

firmstools New Member

Thanks for taking the time to do make and post this.
    Just a bit concerned as to why you do not use new caliper bolts?
    My dealer explained to me that they are "stretch" bolts (same as con rod big end bolts) and should only be used once.
    If Honda say to renew I am going to renew, Its brakes!
    Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dr. Speed Lemon

I totally understand, that's why I make sure to mention it more then once for people who want to stay true to Honda's word. I do it for cost savings. I find myself changing tires often. For example at my last race, I had to take of my slicks after practice and throw my street rims back on because it started raining. In a couple weeks the slicks will be back on again. I wish I could have a track bike and a street bike. I'll burn through a rear street tire pretty quick too, they only last me 500 to 1200 miles depending on how I ride. I once splurged on a set of titanium caliper bolts, they were awful and I had to cut them out. I will probably replace my caliper bolt with another set of factory Honda bolts once a year or 2.