Hard bag mount for CBR1000RR

Discussion in 'Touring' started by David M, Mar 4, 2020.

1. David M

David M Active Member

In search of a bike that was somewhat lighter than my FJR, I settled on a 2015 CBR. I knew before I bought it that nobody made a hard bag mount for this bike but I also knew that I could make my own. I haven't finished the project yet but got far enough today to share a couple of pics. When I'm done, if there is any interest, I will find a place to post more pics of making the mount along with my detailed drawings with dimensions so you can make your own. Also the CAD drawings so you can have your local shop cut the main mount if you want to spend a bit of money. The main piece is 3/16" aluminum (5052 alloy).

Anyway, here's where I'm at ( just one bag mounted at this time ).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. Boothman

Boothman Elite Member

Impressive @David M and hats off to your engineering skills - not something I will rush to do for my blade, but if this fits your needs, go for it. Also like the fact that you are willing to share the design and fitting details for others who are interested.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

Very professional and tidy job, well done.

The most luggage I ever carried on mine - although not as heavy as it looks - sleeping bag, mattress thing add to the bulk but no real weight to it. Mostly held on with cable Ttes to the Hepco & Becker Sportrack

Canyon Fireblade resize.jpg

4. David M

David M Active Member

I did a bit of a left turn on the hard bag installation. I returned the Shad 36 bags and made adapters to mount the bags from my FJR. Smaller, better quality, and I have the inner liners for the FJR bags that I've used for the past 350,000 Km's. And, the bike is 6 inches narrower vs the Shad bags. The colour doesn't match but it's close enough.

[​IMG]

5. David M

David M Active Member

• Useful Useful x 5