Hayabusa x1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by warren smart, Jun 3, 2022.

1. warren smart

warren smart Active Member

I bought a x1 replica at auction a few weeks ago and have been going through it and servicing everything as it’s stood in a collection for five years. It was built by kainzinger in Germany and bored to 1400cc with lightened and balanced crank, pankl ti rods, cosworth pistons, yoshimura cams, ported heads, full ti yoshimura system, Ohlins forks and shock, nissin wsb brakes and masters , marchesini magnesium rims, gsxr1000 swingarm and numerous other bits, I’ve had a new cordona qs fitted and bsd dyno’d it and set the fuelling up, 198bhp and 108 ft/lbs of torque, very happy with it. 5AA6921F-9956-451E-AE6F-17EF1409DEED.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. warren smart

https://imgur.com/gallery/emkkn0k
    i have fitted some new abm clipons since as it had track lock stops fitted and when I altered them to road the masters hit the clocks, I’ve fitted rizoma res pots and rear indicators and a smaller plate as well, new chain and sprockets and metzeler racetec’s.

• Like Like x 1
  3. warren smart

Abm clipons and the big custom rad it came with.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. bladey

bladey Senior Member

So no more just sitting in a collection then. It'll certainly turn a few heads out on the road. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Coda

Coda Active Member

Nice bike, nice workshop. Not slightly envious. :p

6. Trackit

Trackit Active Member

I like the engineering that has gone into it, looks good. Is it difficult to insure it on the roads in UK given all the modifications?

7. warren smart

It won’t be used a lot but it’s already being used, it’s took me 30 years to get my workshop and I absolutely love it, I originally had a single prefab concrete garage for nearly 20 years then a porta cabin for 10 years and this is luxury for me. The bikes been easy to insure, I’ve got a rider policy with Carole nash and it’s covered me for all my modded bikes.