Healtech Quickshifter and Power Commander V

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by pants, Jan 6, 2015.

1. pants

pants New Member

After a Xmas of not getting much I decided to treat myself to a PCV and thought while I was at it I would get a Quickshifter, but which one. I used to have a Dynojet one but I thought it wasn't very good so I wanted a HM one as they are raved about and also cut the ignition side rather than the fuelling side. So there I was just about to order it when up pops the Healtech debate on the forum so I had a look and thought why not. I ordered the quickshifter yesterday from Mike at Biker Discount Store who said he would send it out but it could take a day or two for me to get it, which I wasn't happy about as I want it now cos I've ordered it, and when postie came today it was here so not even 24hrs later, thanks Mike. The PCV was also ordered yesterday from Andy at Demon Tweeks and Mr Parcelforce arrived about ten minutes after postie with another prezzie, so thanks Andy.
    So off to the garage to fit it all, the bike is a Repsol Blade 2011 ABS, was already stripped as I did that this morning, told you I cant wait for things, so it was a case of unplug the coil connectors and plug in the Healtech ones and plug the original ones in the Healtech loom very easy and then bolt the earth wire to a good earth and then feed the loom up to the rear end. I sent my loom along the right hand side looking from the rear as I knew I would put the PCV loom and the single gearshift sensor cable through the LHS and as anyone with an ABS model knows space is very limited. I then followed the PCV destructions and feed that loom through and again plugged and played as per. The gearshift sensor on the Healtech in case you don't know goes on the gear shaft bolt rather than inline in the actual shaft so its very easy to fit and Healtech supply a new longer Stainless Steel bolt for this purpose. This would be fine for those of you fitting it to the standard shaft but as mine has Gilles VCR rearsets that already have a longer bolt due to the bolt going all the way through and it having a nylock nut on it so just a word of warning you need a longer bolt if you have the same rearsets, the bolt supplied has a thread length of 30mm I needed a thread length of 35mm min, so after a hunt round the very messy garage and eyeing up the mountain bikes for possible robbing of such a bolt I eventually found one hiding in a pot and got it in. Then it was just a case of put everything back on, except the front fairing panels as while they were off Im sorting out the position of the HID ballasts as they are bugging me, and then fire it up. The good news is everything works as it should the map on the PCV seems to make the bike run better even though its not exactly for my exhaust, so if anyone has a good custom map for a 2011 blade with an Arrow GP2 can, K&N filter and 02 sensor then let me know or even a racefit map. I will get some dyno time when funds allow and the missus has got over this credit card hammering. I've tried the QS on the paddock stand and it all seems good with no adjustment but I will be out on the bike tomorrow for a good play whatever the weather and hopefully see what its like on the road. I didn't do any pics as I know that LC is doing a full Vblog of the fitting on his so I will watch that as it will be much more in depth and better than I could ever do and I will just throw my twopeneth worth in if I see anything different.

2. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Very good Mr Pants I'm excited about the qs good write up to!

I ordered mine yesterday but he's out of stock until Thurday seems they are popular! :( silly me should have moved quicker, more expected Thursday so slight delay on my fitting guide

3. pants

pants New Member

Well I went out today for a little ride round and the QS performed brilliantly totally different from the Dynojet one much much smoother and after not having a QS for a bit I realise how much of a grin factor it is. Now I'm not the fastest rider in the world so I don't really need a QS but it is so much fun and when the weather warms up a bit I'm sure it will be even more fun.

• Like Like x 2