hermes

Discussion in 'Non Bike Related' started by bazzashadow, Jan 24, 2019.

1. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

is there a name and shame page on here?
    hermes is one of the worst delivery services out there.
    on Tuesday I had an email to say they had my parcel with full tracking
    when I clicked to look it was in a depot somewhere.
    options where safe place, neighbour or try to deliver 3 times
    I always go for deliver
    today at 12 o'clock I had another email to say it was out for delivery(I'm at work without internet service got message when I got home)
    but when I got home it was with a neighbour, not what I asked for.
    i have also had a little tikes car thrown over my 7 foot fence and have had several left on the door step.
    what is wrong with these people?
    i would love to treat their property like that.

now DPD WHAT A SERVICE
    you get an email the night before and you get the option to leave in safe place, leave with neighbour, deliver or the BEST option if you are not in you can have it delivered to a shop and collect when you can.
    and an email to verify your choice and an email on the day to say it was dropped off
    i asways use the royal mail or DPD to send things
    i would love hermes to go bust

rant over
    sorry

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

With a name like Hermes, they have to be shit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Blade runner 1

Blade runner 1 Elite Member

Completely agree, exact same experience I’ve had with Hermes. Unfortunately got a parcel on it’s way now being delivered by Hermes which was supposed to arrive today. Who knows when it will arrive. I’ll keep you posted, pardon the pun.

4. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

i used to have two 15kg sacks of dog food delivered from timeforpaws and it came by hermes, they left it on the doorstep
    so i complained and they said it would be sorted. next delivery same again.
    so i told timeforpaws if hermes was going to delivery i would not have it.
    they then started to send it by DPD sorted.
    now if i can i ask before i buy most of the time(not this time though, lesson learnt)

5. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

With My Herpes you are entirely dependant on the person who does the actual delivery. The one by me is OK at the moment but previous drivers have been a right mare.

If I am shipping something I will get a quote and if My Herpes is the cheapest then I will check with the person I am sending to if they are ok with that or if they want to use another courier and oay a bit more.

A few years ago I was doing some work for a company that shipped a lot of stuff and used a service that bought spare capacity from various firms. If you were unlucky and they sent it via Hermes or even gid forbid Yodel there was nothing the seller could do, however if there was a problem and the customer complained they could have an entry set on the system to not use that courier for that customer again. Not perfect but better than Amazon who just send it via whoever everytime.

Have to agree about DPD, they really seem to set the standard these days and I am always happy when I see their name as the courier, and will if necessary pay extra to have them as the courier if it is an option.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I can't wait for @CharlieR85 to contribute to this thread!!:D:D

7. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

Dpd are superb, comfortably the best courier at present. Long may it continue.

Collect+ on the other hand are awful, they are unreliable, have poor communication and are potentially deceitful. They score highly for convenience as you only have to drop your parcel off at the corner shop, but beyond that beware.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

'Above and beyond' comes to mind, although not in quite the correct context!:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

11. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

what else can you expect with 0 hour contract staff who get paid only for deliveries make, drining their diesel vans, parking on pavements and somoking the population to death!
    If you pay peanuts, you get monkies! And trust me I sometimes do (more often than I would like) but prepare myself for the consequenses:(

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

are you a hermes driver?
    if they can't do the job, don't do it
    i was always taught to respect everyone and everything.
    if i took the attitude they take in my job thousands of people would be poisened.
    why do the job if you can't be bothered

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

no I am not a hermes driver just another victim and realist.

If majoriity of current workforce had the same attitude and principle as you do (and I incidently), life would be a lot less stressful

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Why do we put up with this in this country
    I don’t feel GREAT Britain any more
    Just Britain

15. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Because we have to!

Erosion of society commenced in the early to mid-70s when school uniforms became optional; when teachers were permitted to be addressed on a first name basis; when school disciplining was outlawed; when police were held accountable for a little 'moral education'; when employers were denied the right to dismiss an employee without first giving three warnings; when the public was spoonfed cheap over quality - thereby precipitating the downfall of British and Western countries' manufacturing and export; etc, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Excuse me but uniform was not optional in the 70s and early 80s in secondary schools, teachers were still Sir/Miss Mr Bloggs etc, and corporal punishment was still very much in effect. As for the rest I was too young to work and when I did get my first job there were f**k all warnings before you got beasted, jailed, fined or kicked out.

Bloody old farts don't know how easy they had it.

As for Hermes now they have nothing like the ineptitude that reached it's pinnacle with British Rail :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

Yer and look at it now
    We have to keep bailing it out

“We are all doomed captain mainwaring”:mad::D:D:D

#17 bazzashadow, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  18. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

It's alright...HS2 is coming...

sometime... :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Singh1000RR

Singh1000RR Active Member

Worst delivery company I have ever used. Never using them again. Helpdesk is awful.

20. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

I am wondering if this woolly mammoth ever gets built who will be able to afford to travel on it. IMO only the rich, and they won't dirty their Gucci clad a*ses using public transport.

I regularly use HS1 between Ebbsfleet and Stratford International, distance is approx 15 miles and journey time is 9 minutes non stop.

Peak return fare is £34.80 and off peak is £18.30...................who the f*uk will afford a London to anywhere norf of Watford fare at that rate?

The current fares are high enough already, just paid £118 advance off peak return for Mrs KB and myself, with a 2 together discount card for London to Manchester in April......