HID Projector Headlights - Angel eyes - Completed! CBR1000RR 06

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by RedBull, Aug 21, 2014.

1. RedBull

RedBull Member

This Topic has been discussed many times with several threads posted on here. All start off well, but never really answer those detailed questions or show those detailed photos.

I've completed the mod. - see pic.

I'm consolidating all my messages into one new thread...this one. So now, hopefully everyone can see a full installation from start to finish with pictures. - I should have taken more pictures...lol

DSC_0197.jpg DSC_0199.jpg

Hi. I'll try and be as informative as possible without rambling.

Like you and many others I too have spent months combing the internet, looking for a reputable company who weren't from the USA or China, eventually I found one in Europe.

I purchased a full installation kit from them.

2 Brand new 35 Watt ballasts
    2 Brand new Mini H1 Bi-xenon projectors
    2 Brand new Mini shrouds
    2 Brand new H1 xenon bulbs
    1 Brand new plug & play Bi-xenon relay wiring harness - (not used for the motorbike conversion)
    Mounting brackets for the ballasts
    2 Year warranty
    Free personal customer support from

Additionally I had to purchase from them:
    The metal mounting plates for my type of bike.

Angel eyes

Delivery - (7 Days)

Total £248

Installation. I wanted two switches to independently turn off/on the projectors and angel eyes. I purchased from Ebay 2 12V rocker switches for £5

1. I took off both fairings. seat. front headlight fairing with headlight assembly.
    2. removed headlight assembly completely from fairing.
    3. placed headlight assembly into oven. Mine is fan assisted so I put it on 100C for 3 mins, checked and replaced for another 2mins. Better to be slow and safe than a melted mess.
    4. Took out the reflective housing by fully unscrewing the adjustment bolts. the ones that make it go up down left and right.
    5. Fitted the projectors to mount then installed the mount onto the existing adjustment bolts. - fully screw them on all the way down
    6. replace in the oven and repeat step 3.
    7. The wiring loom I threaded through the faring, under the tank up into the battery
    8. 1 Hid Ballast I fitted in the left side faring. the other sits nicely on the side of the centre metal frame work. - see pic.
    9. its just a case of hiding the wires to suit your bike.

switches.
    12V rocker switch has 3 pins.
    1st: + from the light source.
    2nd: +from power source (battery)
    3rd: Earth from both sources.

There's lots of diagrams on Google - its very easy to do. I purchased some electrical spade connectors to mount the flex (electrical cable) onto the switch. I already have some spare electrical flex from an old electric lawn mower. I'm not an electrician, I learned from the master. Google and YouTube...lol

In earnest its not that hard, but its easy to mess up, which is when it becomes costly. I melted an after-market headlight assembly... £100 down the drain
    You do have to to a bit of splicing, make the wiring looms for the switches and think outside the box when problem solving. The scariest part was drilling 2x 20CM holes in my fairing for the switches...you only get one chance at getting that right....lol

The actual black OEM plugs that fit onto the OEM H7 lights, I haven't touched these. I made extension cables using the flex an spade connectors. So at any time I can revert back to my stock headlights. All i have to do is step 3 and replace the reflective housing + bulbs.

I have a good rapor with the HID company in Europe and I'm confident of putting together a complete Projector kit. I may start making and selling them myself.

The Angel eyes just slot into the shrouds around the projectors. The wiring loom for this connects straight to the batter via the 2nd switch. - its very simple.

I hope this help is some way, shape or form?

David.

image1 - 2nd HID mounted on the front metal chassis arm. HID.jpg

image2 - The untouched stock connectors. stock.jpg

This is the high beam connector. I've yet to connect this one up to the projectors as I'm waiting for a part.
    The low beam is completed but tucked away and hidden. I made little extensions using the spade connectors in the next picture. This give the projectors the power needed from the bike, but I can also revert back to the stock headlights in the future if required.

Connectors I used. The black rocker switch is from and old Lawnmower; it's just an example of what the pins look like.

Blue connectors used to connect to the stock headlight plug
    Red connects to the rocker switch pins
    The others are examples of connectors that can connect two wires together.

rocker1.jpg rocker2.jpg

I've priced up what it would cost to start making these wiring looms and selling the HID projector kits too.

Note - The company that supplied mine are very good. Great product, fabulous customer service & they email back within the same day, if not sooner.
    My completed wiring looms enable the HID Projectors and Angel Eyes to be turned off and on independently.

I'm still waiting for my high beam wiring loom from Europe, which should have came with the kit. Once it arrives I'll see if I need to alter it to suit my bike? If so I'll price that up separately and included that in the total price.

A full Kit. includes the following:

2 Brand new mini 35 Watt ballasts
    2 Brand new Mini H1 Bi-xenon projectors
    2 Brand new shrouds
    2 Brand new H1 xenon bulbs (choose colour temp from 4300K 5000K 6000K)
    1 Brand new plug & play Bi-xenon relay wiring harness
    2 Mounting plates
    2 LED angel eyes
    2 Year warranty
    Free personal customer support from the European company who makes these kits.

1 Angel eye wiring loom
    1 HID low beam loom
    1 19MM drill bit
    1 Electrical tape
    20 3M sticky Velcro pads

Total (not including the High beam loom)

£315 Inclusive of UK UPS delivery.

If you wanted a separate headlight assembly with full installation? (Highly recommended) You're probably talking around the £100+ mark. I'd only ever use genuine OEM parts...After market parts are not worth the agro - As I found out when I melted mine in the oven Or if you have a spare, send me yours in the post.

Finally. If you just wanted the HID Projector kit without the Angel Eyes from the company + mounting plates + delivery £240

Regards

David

AKA - RedBull

• Like Like x 2
  2. RedBull

RedBull Member

Good news. I have just spoken with the European company. They are willing to offer a substantive discount for the first 5 orders. 17% off

Full Hid Projector kit including mounts and delivery.

£199 massive 17% OFF!

(no angel eyes or wiring looms - just the full kits)

2 brand new Mini H1 Bi-xenon projectors
    2 brand new 35W Slim ballasts
    2 brand new shrouds
    2 brand new H1 xenon bulbs - (4300K,5000k,6000k)
    2 mouting brackets including fixings
    1 H7 motor wire harness with double ballast output
    1 H7 high beam solenoid splitter
    2 year warranty
    Free personal customer support.

Motorbike mounts they definitely make:

CBR600RR 2002 - 2006, 2006 - 20012

CBR1000RR 2006 - My bike I'm sure this mount will fit other years before they changed the headlight looks.

CBR1000RR blackbird

They make the mounts in-house. So please message me your bike model and year. This way i can ask and have 100% certainty before you purchase.

Regards
    David