Honda CBR 1000 Fireblade HRC

Discussion in 'Bikes For Sale' started by HRCboy, Sep 20, 2017.

1. HRCboy

HRCboy New Member

14 plate, ABS, 2 owners including myself (I've only owned it for 4 weeks) selling due to it just being too fast. Absolutely as new, 3,500 miles, full Honda service history. An extremely pampered bike, £7,750.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. HRCboy

HRCboy New Member

It's at a main Honda dealer at the moment on a sale or return basis for £8495. Problem is I keep looking at the photos on their advert and now I'm tempted to have a word with myself for being so stupid and going to get it!! My wife gave up half of her day off to follow me over and give me a lift home. Might have to ride home via florists!!

3. blake7

blake7 Active Member

CBR's are one of the easiest thous to ride. Take a ZX10R for a spin and you will soon see how forgiving the blade is.

Unless you are planning on going to a 600, go get the blade back otherwise you may well regret selling it.

4. paul1966

paul1966 Active Member

only as fast as your right hand . blades are easy to ride smoothly . had a year off a 1000cc and dropped to a gsxr 750 never again

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HRCboy

HRCboy New Member

Yeah, thanks for that, but I guess having a Harley as well anything is going to feel fast!! I have been spoilt with ZX7R, R1, 996, Foggy Rep, GSXR 1000, GSX R 750 in the past. I fell out of love with bikes for a few years and amazed how the Blade feels in terms of refinement, speed, comfort and brakes!! I work at a BMW bike dealership and get the piss taken that it must feel slow compared to a S1000 RR, but I value the smoothness/refinement etc over the extra 20 bhp and rattling that the RR gives. I'm talking myself into going to get the Blade back aren't I?

6. paul1966

paul1966 Active Member

mate I've had a bike pedigree like you had loads , you have to go with what feels right for you . I had an upright bike asa service loan loved it and want one but will wait till I can afford as well as blade as couldn't get rid of it

7. HRCboy

HRCboy New Member

Cheers Paul, you nailed it on the head that I felt guilty of having 2 bikes with combined new value (not what I paid) of £40,000 when I can only ride one at a time. But as long as I can afford the monthly payments (both on finance) I'm beginning to think f@*k it!!

8. andreww

andreww Active Member

Plus the starter switch will last longer than a week. Unlike a BMW

9. HRCboy

HRCboy New Member

Andrew, on occasions I'll go into the workshop at work and go round to see what the technicians are doing on the bikes they're working on. I realise that it probably happens with most manufacturers, but some of the build quality and finish is shocking on occasions. I helped one out tonight, doing a PDI on a F800, part of which requires the bike running while stationary until the fan cuts in, and checking the fan then stops when the engine temperature has reduced. Well, I had the throttle on a constant throttle at 3,000 rpm to increase the engine temperature. Whilst keeping the throttle absolutely still on 3,000 rpm the revs would reduce and increase by 500 rpm!! I mentioned it to the technician, his reply was yeah they're crap aren't they.
    Strangely when the Fireblade came in as a p/x, I asked all the technicians in turn about reliability etc, their responses were all the same, no it's a Honda!! For me the biggest love of the bike is just its smoothness, engine, clutch, gearbox, nothing feels under engineered.

• Like Like x 2
  10. andreww

andreww Active Member

I have had several years of their poor quality build issues. Shocking really for a so called quality brand

11. Cbrjay

Cbrjay Well-Known Member

Which dealership you at?

12. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Best not to say .....just keep the inside information coming..

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. HRCboy

HRCboy New Member

The forum version of Ghost Rider!! If only.

14. HRCboy

HRCboy New Member

Bike now sold!!