Honda Trackers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by dainesefreak, Jul 4, 2018.

1. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

My dealer included Datatag for no price on my 2018 Blade. What is more surprising is that no one said a word about it until I saw the empty pack and registration details in my Owner's Handbook folder!!

Back to the Tracker though. Sure. it's a good installation, but some owners will be paying the monthly fee for something they didn't actually want and perhaps don't even need.

3. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Big brother is watching you , sounds a good idea but can it be used against you by recording how long it takes to get from a 2 b , if I've read it right it can store your journey on the iCloud then who can access that information :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Naz

Naz Active Member

There good if the gps part is hidden away . The half wits who fitted mine put it under the rear seat. The part stood out especially as it had in big letters GPS. Where’s the first place your going to look for a tracker or something similar? I paid £220 and the yearly subscription was about £120. The reality is Honda will just add it into the price of the bike

I think it’s a good idea but not enough from the bike manufacturers. As said before something needs to be done to improve the steering lock or add something else on, but it’s a starting point.

The next thing would be to catch the thieving little shits and beat them senceless then make them work in chain gangs digging roads or maybe hang them upside down from lampposts or just dump them in the sea preferably in shark infested waters, piranha infested would also work...... even crocodiles......

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

6. Naz

Naz Active Member

There good if the gps part is hidden away . The half wits who fitted mine put it under the rear seat. The part stood out especially as it had in big letters GPS. Where’s the first place your going to look for a tracker or something similar? I paid £220 and the yearly subscription was about £120. The reality is Honda will just add it into the price of the bike

I think it’s a good idea but not enough from the bike manufacturers. As said before something needs to be done to improve the steering lock or add something else on, but it’s a starting point.

The next thing would be to catch the thieving little shits and beat them senceless then make them work in chain gangs digging roads or maybe hang them upside down from lampposts or just dump them in the sea preferably in shark infested waters, piranha infested would also work...... even crocodiles......
    A job with the met... I couldn’t work with all the restrictions you have on you especially when dealing with all the undesirables. I’ve worked with many people from all walks of life and I no longer have it in me to deal with the current crop of crap were breeding on the streets

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Naz

Naz Active Member

I think with this adventure recording part, you will be able to switch it on or off but I guess if your caught speeding and some how the police are aware you have a data recording device they will or could use it against you

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Naz

Naz Active Member

Looks like it will be fitted for free and up to you to pay the subscription if you want to which is peanuts for a man like yourself.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

As has been said, this would come down to the fitting for me.

If it was nice and covert I'd consider paying the £120 a year. If it was obvious and wedged under the seat I'd not bother.

10. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Erm, only with a pensioner concession!:)

11. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Honda still taking the piss again as bike trac or tracker only charge £99 a year

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

I personally wouldn’t have anything made by datatool on my bike! Everyone I’ve known who’s had datatool has had nothing but problems, they recently also sent a recall out on one of their products

Much better systems about and cheaper too on yearly running costs

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

I fancy a tracker. Any recommendations?

14. Naz

Naz Active Member

Roasted Nut is the best

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Naz

Naz Active Member

I had the Datatool one which was fitted when I bought both my bikes, It worked fine. The only thing what peed me off was the subscription. When it was a month from renewal I received call day after day from them saying they have detected movement of my bike. Each day they called, my bike was in a underground car park with nothing or no one around it and I could see it on cctv. No one had been near it nor any vehicle that could of caused it to vibrate thus triggering it off.

This was clearly a bullshit way of making you concerned and worried about the safety of your bike therefore when you receive the renewal reminder your more likely to go ahead with the next years subscription

Actually, I got the renewal reminder first then they called and this happened with both my bikes....

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

17. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

I was thinking about the ones with a SIM card. You ping it a message and it sends you back it's location.

18. raphael

raphael Elite Member

What’s the point of having a tracker and doing half the work for it?
    Bike trac or tracker will tell you if it’s moved and and do all the work for you.
    Much better in my book mate

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Those SIM card ones will also ping you if it been moved

20. raphael

raphael Elite Member

Going by the op mate you got to send it a message to find out were it is? So when it’s moved another half a mile you’ll have to message it again, what’s the point of that?