honda warranty

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by bazzashadow, Oct 9, 2018.

1. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

I have just brought a 2016 blade and the warranty runs out at the end of the year.
    what are peoples thought on the Honda extended warrany?
    thanks

2. Honda1964

Honda1964 Active Member

Because you have just bought it, might be worth if for piece of mind,

• Like Like x 1
  3. Spygoat

Spygoat Well-Known Member

Eh, I didn't go for the extended warranty. I knew I'd be adding mods to the bike and figured it would void it anyway.

4. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

It has got akrapovic on it, so would this void the warranty?

5. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

How do mods void warranty?!? Last 3 hondas I've bought all had mods fitted when they were new at time of purchase according to the paperwork. And I've also bought brand new bikes and had aftermarket cans etc fitted straight away by the dealers themselves and no one's mentioned it voiding warranty.
    I've never bothered with extended warranty but I don't buy it for anything that not just bikes,it's just a personal choice thing I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spygoat

Not sure how Honda UK does it, but my dealer told me Honda US will void the warranty for an aftermarket exhaust if I went with the extended warranty. It's pretty commonplace here.

7. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Oh right....like I said I've never had the extended so maybe it's the same over here. Is that if you put the aftermarket on when you buy it secondhand as such then?
    Bazzas had his on already when he bought it!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Must admit I am wary of these extended warranties, but it cashed out for me when the ignition barrel started playing up and sticking on my 2014 in its third year of cover, they had to replace the whole shooting match, ignition barrel, fuel cap, rear lock thingy, keys etc, plus you get an extra years euro breakdown cover, guess it's like most insurance policies, its only good value if you claim.

Plus if your worried about the Akkie, then it ain't gonna be on there when you take it in for any issues is it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Spygoat

Dealer installed items should be alright. Not sure about a second hand blade. I would read the fine print for sure.

10. bazzashadow

bazzashadow Elite Member

I’m the same tv, washing machines, everything I buy I never bother but once I brought one for a strimmer and it did go wrong, I only got part refund but kept the strimmer. Kept it going for one more year then wrapped it round the lining pole( pile of poo)

11. bradt

bradt Elite Member

For peace of mind and subject to cost could be worth doing, i was going to look at used Panigale last week, had option to purchase an extended warrenty (not with Ducati) reading the small print so many exclusions wasnt worth the paper it was written on.

12. Spygoat

This has always been my experience with these types of warranties.

13. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Can't see Honda complaining about an exhaust unless they wanted to claim it caused a specific problem i.e. Melted Cat, especially as they sell special editions with Akros etc.

I take the warranty out on used cars, but only because I tend to buy from the same dealer, and they don't play silly buggers over claims. They won't accept everything but for the 2 years the wife was covered for it probably saved us about £2,000.

Only times I took extended warranty out in electronics was for white goods from John Lewis, and from Comet (remember them) who used to give you your money back if you never claimed.

14. travellingkiwi

travellingkiwi Active Member

I did for my '13 plate... Mainly because it's ABS and every time the brakes failed I had them bled. Didn't fix the fscking things, but at least I didnt have to pay a couple of hundred quid each time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

You still parking at that s*it hole car park in the City Kiwi?

16. travellingkiwi

travellingkiwi Active Member

Ha ha... No mate. At CW now, and mostly WFH. I think I've ridden in about 5 times this year. It's just not as fun as it used to be..

I parked in the underground one on The Wall for a while. That's a much nicer park. Lots more room too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Hear you Brother, I moved the business out to Kentshire in 2015, so the commute now is just pure fun most days and when the weather is crap I take the tin box, looking back, can't believe I did that for 30+ years and felt it was fun 12 months a year on a bike, must be age catching up with me

• Agree Agree x 1