HRC quick action throttle info please.

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by M3NTALIST, Oct 7, 2014.

1. M3NTALIST

M3NTALIST New Member

Hi all, I'm thinking of getting the HRC quick action throttle kit for my 2009 fireblade and I have a couple of questions before I go out and get it and I'm hoping you can answer them for me please.

1, the kit is advertised as 1/6th turn. what is the standard? 1/5th or maybe 1/4?
    2, is it easy enough to fit and set up?
    3, is it designed so that initial take up of revs is smooth as standard? or is it slightly more jerky?
    4, and lastly, is the £93 on eBay the best ill do or is there a cheaper route?

I know there's a lot there but I'd really appreciate any help with my Qs.

Thanks in advance.

Andy B

2. fredaroony

fredaroony Guest

I did it two weeks ago

1) No idea
    2) Not too hard but getting the lower cable on the throttle body is the hardest. Massive thread here 08+ HRC Quick Action Throttle Install : Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycle Forums: 1000RR.net
    3) I got used to it right away and never really thought about it twice. Just as smooth in low revs
    4) I got it delivered for £44 from TSR Worldwide, Racing parts supplier, Honda RS125, RS250 and HRC Kit also street bike after market parts and comes directly from Japan

Part numbers you need are:

06531-NL3-750
    17910-NLR-000
    17920-NLR-000

3. M3NTALIST

M3NTALIST New Member

Fair dos fredaroony that's a pretty good response mate, a shame you let yourself down on number 1 lol.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post links and part numbers and making it so easy for me.

Thanks a lot.

Andy B

4. fredaroony

fredaroony Guest

No worries, it's one of the cheaper but better mods you can do. lol my local Honda shop wanted $246 AUS - £134 here

5. M3NTALIST

M3NTALIST New Member

Ye I'll bet it is, I only realised how much I'd like it when I was last on track

6. fredaroony

fredaroony Guest

Ordering from TSR is a little weird by the way but they are legit if you search. You pay for the item first then they ask you for a follow up payment for shipping.

Took them a couple days to acknowledge the order but it was all good and MUCH cheaper than anywhere else I found.

7. M3NTALIST

M3NTALIST New Member

Oh right, that does sound a little unusual, but maybe common place when buying from the continent.

Appreciate the heads up though.

Andy B

8. fredaroony

fredaroony Guest

Funny thing is from what I can gather is that it's a Japanese guy living in the Netherlands lol. You actually get charged in Euros

9. hoggyjay

hoggyjay Active Member

Hi,
    Just looked at ordering from the TSR site. Received a conformation email but have't been asked for payment? Seems strange.

10. blake7

blake7 Active Member

How much are they from TSR out of interest?

11. hoggyjay

hoggyjay Active Member

Total without shipping is 6000 yen using XE.com = £44.10 I'll let you know how much the postage is.

12. Grant Hay

Grant Hay New Member

Is the above part nos and details on TSR applicable to all years of fireblade ?
    Interested in this for my 2012

13. hoggyjay

hoggyjay Active Member

It's the F1 2008 throttle & clutch cable drawing. Don't know if it will fit a 2012. It won't let me paste the link to the drawing.

14. Slimwilly

Slimwilly Member

I found a used one for £10 ON EBAY , it had one locating lug missing but a steel pin sorted that, I love it , but on the last bike , a Yamaha on the forum they started putting a strip of plastic pipe clipped onto the throttle body under the cable, result was perfect, It moved more cable as the circumference was enlarged, a free mod.

15. NotNickyHayden

NotNickyHayden New Member

Hey guys looking for a 2007 fast action throttle that looks stock-ish.. All I can find are listed HRC 2008 - 2013.
    I would assume 04 - 07 are not the same then? Or does the 08 HRC kit (cables) work for the 06/07 blade?

I rather use a kit item than mod an R6 tube etc... I have read about using the stock cables and them being too tight on full lock..
    I rather have a tiny amount of free play and adjustment.

16. NotNickyHayden

NotNickyHayden New Member

Just ordered the HRC kit one.. I have not ordered the cables it states stock cables can be used but the only cables advertised are for 08-13 so not risking it... I will have to think of something if they do not reach. I don't want it to rev when on full lock.

I like a tiny tiny bit of slack for safety reasons.

17. hoggyjay

hoggyjay Active Member

Still not received any payment request. Going to have to give up and look else where.

18. TW4T50N

TW4T50N Active Member

19. blake7

blake7 Active Member

HRC kit one cost me £69 from local Honda dealer

20. hoggyjay

hoggyjay Active Member