I'm thinking of a 44t rear sprocket

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by BlingmyRR, Nov 10, 2021.

1. BlingmyRR

BlingmyRR New Member

Hi
    My 1st ever post,so please be gentle..lol...I've got a 2005 1000rr repsol fireblade,usual mods,pc3 full apropovic,just been mapped properly this time,as had all the graphs from previous owners,and tbh it was running like a bag of spanners according to the guy who did it...question is.im thinking of putting a bigger 44t or bigger rear sprocket on..do I need to do anything with the front 1 aswell?
    Thanks for any advice..

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. TomLum

TomLum Active Member

Welcome to the forum! I have a 07 trackbike and changed to 44T on the rear this year. Did notice a difference in acceleration, pulls a lot harder but does take some off the top end. Assume it won't be an issue if yours is a road bike.

Brilliant website to use https://www.gearingcommander.com
    Select your bike at the top to load the gears, see speed by gear in table below and adjust front/rear sprocket number to see how it effects the bike.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BlingmyRR

BlingmyRR New Member

Thank you so much for the advice and the brilliant website you gave me..very much appreciated!
    Yeh I will never get anywhere near the top end in any gear tbh…it feels like it’s miles away,I suppose the best place to get the best out of the bike would be to track it,…but just feeling my way back into it after 20 years out of the saddle,so that will be for another day…but il try the rear sprocket and see how we go.
    Thanks again Tomlum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. dern

dern Well-Known Member

I have a 2007 and went up 2 at the back and down one at the front. I only use it for track use but don't max the bike out at the end of the straight at Bedford which is very long so doing this would be fine on the road.

It makes the bike feel more responsive but has also made the throttle feel a little bit snatchier. I have go a quick throttle tube on as well though. I changed to a 520 chain at the same time as I was changing the lot.

I'd be happy with this set up on the road as long as you accept that the speedo won't be accurate any longer but you can get things to fix that I think.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Coda

Coda Active Member

I had a 'yellow box' on my SP1 in 2001, do they still make them? That worked really well for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TomLum

TomLum Active Member

I also considered going down 1 at the front but found with just two up on the rear the front end comes up a lot under hard acceleration and I find myself having to feather the power in, especially when I don't have a full tank of fuel.

You can fit a speedohealer to sort speedo reading; https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/sh/

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. BlingmyRR

BlingmyRR New Member

Thank you again,I love this forum already!!! brilliant accurate advice and great tips! I don’t really want the front end up all the time,so finding a happy medium would be the key..but I suppose that’s going to be down to me and how I ride as well…the thing I have found already with the year and model is that parts nare not that expensive,so il try a few trick bits as I go…thanks again

8. BlingmyRR

BlingmyRR New Member

Brilliant thanks

9. LowSide76

LowSide76 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. BlingmyRR

BlingmyRR New Member

I’ve never heard of a Speedo healer…omg is there nothing they don’t do for bikes nowadays!!
    Looks like every base is covered regarding the sprockets then..good to go..the missis has said to me I think you’ll be easy to buy for this Christmas,there’s already Blade items in her eBay basket

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. TomLum

TomLum Active Member

Healtech do some great trick parts for the blade. Ive got their quickshifter, gear indicator and shift light. All great products!

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

I have an rr6 as my track bike and I'm considering the 520 chain conversion and trying 15/44 gearing (currently running 530 and standard gearing). With the standard setup being 114 links, how many chain links did you end up with switching to the 15/44?

13. dern

dern Well-Known Member

114. This is what I ordered if it helps...

Super DID Motorcycle Chain Heavy Duty X-Ring Gold 520 ZVMXGG 114 (ZJ) × 1
    JT Racelite Ultra Lightweight Black Aluminium Rear Drive Sprocket (JTA 1308.44BLK) × 1
    JTF1269 Front Drive Motorcycle Sprocket 15 Teeth (JTF 1269.15) × 1

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

Cheers dern thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kirk holmes

kirk holmes Member

I have a 44T rear sproket on mine so brought a speedo healer to correct the speedo. By the time you take account of the factory error it was overreading by 10%. That would have put a fair few extra miles on the bike. Easy to set up with the app.