Insurance due , any recommendations

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by skye, Jul 4, 2017.

1. skye

skye New Member

Tricky subject I know but who do you guys insure through , just to broaden my options , I've looked at the usual comparison sites

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I just use:-
    Confused.com
    Moneysupermarket.com
    Gocompare.com
    CompareTheMarket.com

3. Ian63

Ian63 Active Member

I've just renewed my insurance through meerkat. I'm staying with my same insurers but £70 cheaper than my renewal quote. £178 fully comp with breakdown, leathers & helmet, legal assist.

• Like Like x 1
  4. numnut

numnut Active Member

I got a good deal through Bemoto. Easy to talk to, a lot more informal on the phone than most places are.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Vito Belas

Vito Belas Active Member

MCN compare

6. auag

auag Active Member

I was advised here to be wary of the cheap quotes on comparison sites after poor claims experience.
    I use Adrian Flux and happy with them.
    Good phone contact and they send the paperwork out in the post, old school!

• Like Like x 1
  7. flurbs

flurbs Active Member

If you try BeMoto quote 44Teeth and/ or the S1000RR forum for enhanced cover

#7 flurbs, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  8. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I tried bemoto recently but my age plus riding experiance meant they couldnt offer much. Will certainly try again in future though.

With Bikesure atm.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr OCD

Mr OCD Well-Known Member

Bennetts ATM for past two years. Pretty good so far.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Reddevil007

Reddevil007 Active Member

Another one for BeMoto

11. Sonic77

Sonic77 Active Member

I went with Bemoto this time, they accelerated my NCB as it was 5 weeks short of another full year, matched the price comparison sites but I've got platinum cover with them and got an excess deal because I quoted 44teeth & BvG. On top of all that the staff and customer service is first class, oh and they didn't charge me when I put my private plate on the bike! Highly recommend.

12. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

Switched to Bennetts as they beat eveyone else this year for me, usually go with Carole Nash.

If Bemoto had been a bit more competive on price I would have gone with them. I'll give them a try again next year.

I suppose it not until you need to make a claim that you find out if any of them are good or not.

Bennetts covered all the mods on the Blade but on my policy they won't give you a new for old price if you claim, I think they just pay market value for a standard bike (depends which insurance company is covering you, was ok for me as market value is more than I paid for the bike). Some of the better one's will payout to return the bike to identical spec or do an agreed valuation,i think i would do this if i'd shelled out for the more expensive aftermarket parts myself.

13. TheMickster

TheMickster Active Member

Also they didn't want to see any proof of NCB which i thought was a bit random, although I bet they will if I had to claim.

Took an absolute age to get a quote to cover both bikes as they both have mods.

Also they have a clause that doubles the excess if its nicked off your drive (a certain distance in metres from the garage), my garage is at the bottom of the gargen so ironically if it was nicked from the road a few doors down it would be ok, wouldn't like to test them on it though :)

14. Frankblue

Frankblue New Member

Switched to Principle this year when I bought my Blade, by far the cheapest for my usual cover, yet previously they were dearer !! No logic to insurance......robbers !