Jigsaw type garage matting at Halfords £10

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by ColinBR, Jan 25, 2014.

1. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Just a little heads up for anyone looking to cover the floor in they're garage.
    Halfords have a good little deal on the go at the moment on they're jigsaw type matting at only £10 for 1.8m x 1.2m

I bought a few :)

Halfords | Rolson 6 Piece Floor Mat Set - 120 x 180cm

[​IMG]

2. sinewave

sinewave God Like

How Hard are they Col?

Most are quite soft which is nice to walk or work on but too soft not to indent massively when a paddock stand is Oiked up on them.

3. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

They are quite soft yes, but at £10 to more than cover the area of the bike I can live with a few dents in the areas of the paddock stands.
    Its more for when your out there working on the bikes for a few hours. Its the comforts that make working on a bike so much easier.

• Like Like x 3
  4. repsolwill

repsolwill Active Member

just ordered 6 packs, cheers for the heads up. i'll do the gym side of garage 1st and use left overs for around the bike, if any good i'll do the bikes side to keep her off the cold concrete.

• Like Like x 1
  5. repsolwill

repsolwill Active Member

Cheers Colin , floor all done and does the job with comfort for next project
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. sinewave

sinewave God Like

How does the Tile with the stand on cope?

For a Tenner a set might just give em a go.

#6 sinewave, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  7. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

Looks great Rep.. worth it then!

8. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

The indentations won't be instant, it will take a bit of time for the bubbles inside the foam to burst and crush together.
    I had the bike on top of it for few days on stands without issue it did indent but popped back out after few hours.
    I had my large compressor sat on a tile edge for about a month n it stayed depressed but weight onto a small footprint will also affect how long it will take to fully damage that area of the Matt from popping back.

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I've had this in my garage in the past. not bad stuff and bought it in costco. cost me about £6 a pack of 6 I think

I used it or about 4-5 years but did find it would be compressed after a while and no go back plus if you get any wet under it starts to get manky after a while as it traps the water for a long time if the garage is cold like mine

10. t0m541

t0m541 Senior Member

I was thinking about doing the back of my van with this stuff, wipes clean and easily removed to fit into new van when needed..

11. arc76

arc76 New Member

Do the back of your van with an off cut of lino floor i did in my transit and it was fine 6 years later , its dead easy to wash out if like me you throw your bike into the kitty litter each time out , oh and when friends of friends of friends want to shift their washing machine or dish washer it dosent soak the boarding when it pisses everywhere.

12. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Cheers, bought some of this today.
    May get more after I see how it looks.

13. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Ok have now cleared the stock in Clydebank Halfords. Full garage will be completed.
    Cheers Colin.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ian E

Ian E Active Member

15. Pitcrew1

Pitcrew1 New Member

Personally, I wouldn't use this stuff, looks great at first but is too soft for heavy use and tears too easy and starts to lift at the joint edges. I now use carpet tiles, mix the colours to identify special areas of your floor and keep a few spare so you can rip one up and replace if you spoil one with oil spill...:eek:

16. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Trouble with that Stable Mat is that it's not interlocking on all sides so not that good for doing a whole garage