Just had my seat re-covered by Digger in Newport, South Wales.

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by exuptoy, Jul 16, 2015.

1. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

I purchased a cheap 2010 seat on fleebay from a breakers for £13.50 and took it down to Dave Harding in Newport to be recovered. I have had a few done with him in the past. He did my both seats on my Daytona T595 and the seat on my old GPZ750R (same shape as a GPZ900R) so I know the quality of his work.

My brief was simple, a little more comfort, basket weave centre panel and some contrasting stitching in red. All in, this cost me £85 with no post as I delivered it myself, which also meant as it was a spare seat that my bike wasn't immobilised whilst it was being done. I left it with him when I went offshore for 2 weeks and picked it up today. Very happy.
    A plain cover with black stitching and no basket weave would have been a couple of quid cheaper but it looks much nicer and is quite unique.

If anyone is interested you can reach Dave on 07860504246 or 01633 216360. He will also carry out the work and send back by return post if anyone is interested.
    His website is as follows.
    http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/Home.html

The seat feels like it now has some padding and is a little strange after the standard one and it now feels a little higher as it's been re-profiled. The front and rear have been re-contoured with a definite dip in the middle and it's had an all over covering with 1/2 inch foam. Feels nicer on the arse but I'll have to get used to it again now. :)
    If anyone is thinking about a comfort seat you could do a lot worse than letting Dave sort it. He also only works with different density foams rather than gel panels as they are more natural and don't hold the heat like gel does, Here's the result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 exuptoy, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    • Like Like x 12
  2. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

That looks like he's done a fantastic job - well worth the money considering the cost of the Honda one! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

That looks superb!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Abb

Abb Active Member

Very very impressive! Looks the nutts!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Greco

Greco Active Member

Nice one mate. Thanks for the website

• Like Like x 1
  6. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

No problem and far cheaper than an E-seat. The advantage of using a spare seat from eBay is you can always recoup some of the money on here when you sell the bike.
    I did have an incorrect dialing code on the post but this has since been corrected.

7. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Just got word from Dave that he has an exchange seat available and covered as below for £100 exchange including postage.

Contact details in the first post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#7 exuptoy, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  8. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Bump for Dave!

9. GaryPX09

GaryPX09 Active Member

Nice job mate, looks really smart .

10. Greco

Greco Active Member

Any seats available for 2007?

11. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Nah mate you'd have to pick one up on ebay and post it on to him. Cheap enough though. Far cheaper than an e seat.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

looks really nice and quiet local to me.

Good heads up

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nigelg79

Nigelg79 Active Member

Hi mate, just wondering how you got on with this seat - I'm looking to buy a more comfy longer distance seat and wondered if this would do the job.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Cheers.

14. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

The seat was much more comfortable than the standard one which was more noticeable when I switched back to sell it!!!

There's another thread of mine here with a few new seat designs done on an exchange basis. Drop him a line or ring him His details are in here or just search for Diggers Seats in here. The one with the Fireblade logo on the pillion seat looks stunning and very unique!

http://1000rr.co.uk/posts/405165/