Kriega R25 Backpack

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by dainesefreak, Jun 19, 2017.

1. dainesefreak

dainesefreak Senior Member

Anyone have any experience of the Kriega R25?

I've currently got a Knox backpack I use for work and commuting. It's been great because it more or less unzips all the way around, but it's now old and zips are playing up.

I have to carry a smart shirt for work and occasionally some shoes and I just want to know if it's big enough for the shirt to survive relatively unscathed?? With the Knox I can unzip it and lie the shirt inside in a plastic bag and the shoes underneath and it mostly makes it uncreased.

2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

The R25 isn't waterproof. I have a R30 and I love it, as far as keeping shirts relatively uncreased I don't see a problem with that as long as you pack it correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dainesefreak

I'm actually considering this;

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/237723

I don't really need a serious rack sack as I only use a bag for commuting. This one would give me less grief cost wise at home. :)

4. hitch

hitch Elite Member

+1 for the Kriega R30.

Bloody expensive but VERY comfortable - today for example I had my breakfast and lunch containers, Gym stuff and my work jeans which pretty much filled it; it feels heavy carrying it by hand but, somehow, they've designed it so when on your back it doesn't feel cumbersome or inconvenient at all.

Looks nice too, better than that Oxford monstrosity :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hoops_UK

Hoops_UK New Member

Hey

I've used a Kriega R25 for the last 2 years / 25,000 miles for my commute. I pack a non-iron shirt (ironed) and leave my suit, shoes etc. at work.

It works fine and I've found it to be pretty waterproof, although I do always have a hihgh-viz cover on it which helps keep the rain out too. It's dead comfortable, and I use one of the smaller Kriega pods to have my phone in.

6. KeepitPinned

KeepitPinned New Member

Anyone else who is put off by the fact the R25 isn't water proof... just get the Med size Kriega Dry Bag, or a cheaper one ;) to use as a liner. Use mine to mainly carry camera equipment and electricals, works a treat. Great chest buckle system/shoulder straps,very comfortable great size.

7. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

That's a copy of my kappa one and have to say mine is a great daysack and fully waterproof

8. dainesefreak

I bought it in the end, bargain for the price. The only issue is it's needing a wipe down now being white.