Ktech suspension

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Liddell98, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Hey guys, looking for some advice.

Race my 2015 fireblade and decided to upgrade the suspension with a full ktech catdridge kit and pro rear shock at the cost of £2800. I used a guy who I got recommended but he didnt ask my weight? I got the forks back today and fitted them to my bike, was going to fit the rear shock also but when I spoke to a friend he said the springs will be wrong for my weight! So I messaged the guy I got them off and he said they are standard and is going to get back to me tomorrow after I told him my weight.

I am very small and only weight 12.3 stone with all my gear on, can someone tell me what springs I should have in front and rear? The guy is going to get back to me tomorrow with regards to the springs and my weight, but would rather no for sure as I'm now doubting that he even knows what he's talking about as he didn't ask my weight in the first place! 2800 quid is also a lot of money so want it to be spot on.

Thanks in advance

2. roboticus

roboticus Active Member

I've just had mine done at kais, not same weight but I could ask for u, I use them all the time so wont be a prob, or phone ktech up, cant believe he'd just stick std springs on, pointless spending all that money, are u setting the sag when the rear shocks on?

3. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

I'm only using the pro dds rear, went down 1 spring size on that. Think its 110 standard and I went down to 105 maybes 105 to 100? Will check later as I'm only slightly heavier than you with kit on so will be same spring needed.

I had the front calculated too as planned on fitting the cartridge kit. Will see if I can find the emails from ktech.

Shocking that the guy you ordered them through didn't ask. Spending that kind of money you want it to be as suitable as it can be. Hope he doesn't charge you for any changes.

4. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

I've got a race this weekend so no point putting the rear on if the spring needs changed, I'll probably give ktech a call start of the week to see what they say. I'm very disappointed, I'm kinda hoping the guy comes back to me today and says he will change the springs, if he tries to charge me I think I'll just go elsewhere, pretty pissed off about it.

5. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Yeah if you could find the email that would great. Ano I just presumed he knew what he was doing but don't think that's very professional of him, if he tries to charge me I'll go elsewhere. He said last night he would work out calcaultions for my weight and get back to me, so I'll see what he says today. Wishing I went to someone else now

6. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

My rear moved down to a 100.

20190407_093437-2268x3024.jpg

There is a website you can work it out on too. Will see if I can find it

7. Stuish

Stuish Senior Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Maybe I should have said something at the time but I just presumed coming recommended he would know all this.

The rear is 105 and the front has 10.

I just emailed ktech and explained to them, also asked what they would recommend for my weight, but if you find the site then let me know.

9. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Attached Files:

10. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Same one Stuish posted above.

I've just gone through it again and it's coming out at 105 for the rear lol. So you might be ok as it is?

Ktech definitely recommended I go to 100 and I sent it to them to replace for me so worth speaking to them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

Thanks for the help, dropped them an email so I'll see what they come back with

12. Liddell98

Liddell98 Active Member

I've done some digging and the blade runs a little stiffer with that pro linkage. It has a 11.5Nm/12Nm spring on as standard. Just to make sure I can measure things up at east fortune next week with you on the bike as linkage has a ratio not like conventional bike. I'll bring some springs to ef too but I think springs fitted will be close. I'll check sag at EF just to make sure.

Just got this txt from the guy who supplied them.

• Like Like x 1