Launch Control on Standard 2017 Blade (with Honda QS)

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Singh1000RR, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Singh1000RR

Singh1000RR Active Member

Hi All, interested in finding out if its possible to get Launch Control fitted/activated on a standard 2017-2019 blade that already has a HONDA QS fitted?
    Only want it for the gimmick effect - I occasionally track ride - mainly road - and definitely no racing. Appreciate people will say "why do want it then?" and as I said its purely "gimmick" (and fun)

Spoke to Jordan Bikes in Leeds and they say I need to have a Woolich racing pack and QS fitted at £850. Which is way too pricey and I've already got a Honda QS fitted.

So - is there any way to achieve this with a standard 2017-2019 blade (not SP) that's already fitted with a genuine Honda QS?

PS - don't say buy an SP2!

2. stuart_g

stuart_g Active Member

Don’t think there is a way of getting it. I have SP2 and it doesn’t even have it, need race ECU to get it on that bike.

3. RC45

RC45 Active Member

Pity Jordan Bikes didn't tell you the whole correct truth ;)

You only need the Woolich Race Tools license and switch. You don't need the Woolich QS hardware as well.

The only way using Honda hardware is with the HRC ECU.

I have Woolich LC on my street SP2 and HRC LC on my SuperBike SP2

And its not so much a gimmick, as that Launch Control is expensive to operate.
    You will burn up a full 1/4 of your clutch plate life with a single proper launch.