Leathers

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Bikeboy, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

No nothing kinky. Save that for the other sites ;)
    I've been looking at leathers as mine have shrunk:p
    But I can't find a pair the are a decent fit. I have broad shoulders that mean I normally buy a Jacket a size to big. Then the arms are too long or it's baggy in the body.
    Recently I tried on some Frank Thomas? Stealth and rst blade leathers . The jackets were ok but the trousers were awful. From the knees down i could all most get 2 legs in one. The FT trousers the assistant grab the shin guard are twisted it around to my calf. They were massive.but the cuff was tight. So they were of over the boot trousers . I don't understand what shape they think we are but I'm really struggling. Is it just me ?

2. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Not much help because I don't like leather pants. I like the 'Richa' textiles in pants (with knee protection). I do have your problem though in that the lower legs seem disproportionate to the thigh and hip. I suspect they allow too much for the knee bend whilst sitting.

I have a RST Blade jacket, but it's so damn heavy - even after stripping out half the protection. Use it only for winter. Summer jackets are from : https://www.londonleathers.co.uk/mo...-gas-hrc-motogp-rep-leather-motorcycle-jacket

Nice fit, but thinner leather. Fairly sure they're imported from our Asian brothers!

3. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Dainese you can now have a measure service I think about £200 on top of suit price but worth it to get the right fit and you can change the colours if you want to go full factory effort..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Wozza mate, longtime no speak, hows you mate?

How’s your Soton boys gonna fare this season ?

5. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Got to be made to measure route i rekon, the mtm Dainese option also worth considering, you could go 1 piece on a made to measure if you wanted too

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Hi Kentblade good to hear from you....trust all is well with you, I am back working in the uk again as for the Saints I think we are going to be ok (just) as I think teams such as Hull...Cardiff Newcastle and a couple of others will be worse we have spent some money but 19M on who? And as per usual raided Celtic...we need to Start up the football thread again was always good for a bit of leg pulling ....sons golf still going well he won men's soton open and off to England Golf champs in Liverpool next wk.....hope to see you at St Mary's...

• Like Like x 1
  7. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

I found spidi suits fitted me best, I'm xxl top and 38w 31l they fit almost perfect as got stretch collars and ankle so smooth to skin for gloves and boots. Mines a shaped suit so fits perfect when your on the bike but slight baggy when upright if that makes sense

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Forgive my ignorance, but were the pics shot specifically for this thread, or is it normal housewear??:D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

I go everywhere in them like the stig:D
    Took the day I got them see how they looked:cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

I've got a one piece that fits ok. If a little snug. It seems to shrink every year.not sure why. :rolleyes:

11. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

12. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

Before you ask. That was the Chris walker race school. . Biggest waste of money I've ever wasted in the history of wasting money.

13. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

It's simple. Moths have basically been made extinct by an insidious creature. It likes to attack your bike gear over the winter months, and the first you realise is when you take it off the hanger in the spring and see the damage it has done. It is really sneaky and covers up the damage it does by re-stitching the clothes and you only notice when you are astounded by the size reduction!

There is no known pest control method that is known to work, and even putting your kit in air tight bags won't stop it. It is especially active around the Christmas period.

I can't remember the long fancy latin name, but it is known colloquially as calories!

You have been warned ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

I have a helmet that does the same!;)

15. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

So had to buy the Rst R18 trousers and the Rst Blade jacket. As the Blade trousers were like clown trousers.
    But they zip together and not to uncomfortable .obligatory Braking in photo ... 20180728_200828.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Hope you don't get any unexpected visitors whilst you're sat there in a leather suit with a big box of tissues at your feet :eek:

:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Nah, the tissues are to wipe away the sugar from the Fruity Pops and Fizzers he's just scoffed from the tub on the bookshelf!:D

18. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

Folk would just be pleased I was dressed when I answered the door ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

I am not feeling this matey, you wear a beanie on a track day and yer lid in yer lounge, the fecking worlds gone crazy

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Bikeboy

Bikeboy Active Member

Have I got it the wrong way around :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1