Led sequential indicators

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Simecraw, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Simecraw

Simecraw New Member

Hi all, just found this forum, bought some led sequential indicators at the bike show last weekend to fit to my 2013 1000rr to replace the original rear indicators.Has anyone got any advice on how to fit? I have fitted the right connections but obviously they won't work in sequence as the flasher relay makes them blink. I think I need to locate the flasher unit and somehow bypass? So the live wire works of the switch? Not sure though, any advice would be really appreciated. Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Can't help as yet but I bought the same ones for front and rear on mine. Not opened yet so not even had a chace to RTFM.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jez

Jez Senior Member

I would say you need an led flasher unit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Simecraw

Simecraw New Member

Have been told I need resistors, was told that this is what I needed to slow the flash rate down??

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. LRJimmy

LRJimmy Active Member

Just my opinion but you would expect things like that to be supplied along with them!

6. Simecraw

Simecraw New Member

Totally agree.

7. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

My Oxford leds came with resistor's but I still put the flasher relay in instead..I understand it's better!
    Haven't a clue about electronics but will my resistors be ok for these in the thread?!? If they are you can have them :)

8. Daniel Peacock

Daniel Peacock New Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Jez

Jez Senior Member

If you are ok fitting resistors thats ok but if you also want front leds in the future a flasher unit is the way to go, But if you are like me you can just fit resistors I paid about 80p each or you can put them onto the earth and just use one

10. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I also think a relay change is better. There is not enough current draw with led winkers so the relay toggles too quickly
    What the resistor does is to increase the current draw and normally has heat sink coz it heats up. So you don’t reduce the overall power consumption.
    I would expect the led electronic takes car of sequential operation all you need is to give it 12v

11. Simecraw

Simecraw New Member

Thanks for all your comments, r&g resistors ordered il update if they work with the LEDs.

12. Simecraw

Simecraw New Member

Fitted the r&g resistors, got to add they seem a quality product, had to change the connections on the resistors but all works fine.
    Thanks for all the advice.

• Like Like x 2